Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 AM

love this game. i played like a maniac for about 3 days, now it's cooled down. i've uninstalled and restarted about 5 times trying to go for the quickest 10,000,000. so far i'm at 2:00:00 on the nose.

i'd love an option to restart rather than uninstalling, and a record kept of best times for 10,000,000. even better would be a user login system so that my wife can play without borking my progress.

finally, why, oh why, does getting to the right side of the screen punish you so badly?!? i've had just as much fun playing endless mode trying to get high scores (just over 30m so far) but oddly getting to the right side of the screen is the biggest obstacle. countless times i'll be having a wonderful run, pop a chest, hit the right side, then all of a sudden the screen flashes and i'm staring down a boss and hanging off the left side, seconds from death. all for what, like a $1000? which is now useless as i'm playing endless mode. very frustrating.
i don't mind, necessarily, the bit of strategizing that keeps you from getting too close to the right side, but there should at least be a big point reward rather than just money. it's insulting that the screen blasts "Awesome!" while you're being punished for doing well.

thanks for a great game. hope i'm not whining too much.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
The score displayed in your home area is a "high score", the Dev has stated that he gets several e-mails a day about this and will most likely make some sort of indicator of this in an update.

To get a higher score in the game, it is necessary to do the achievements and gradually level up, as this increases your score multiplier and gets you more abilities to delay moving to the left (death).
Thank you, just thank you! I have been sitting here playing and thinking that each run added to a cumulative amount. I just started noticing that my score wasn't going anywhere and thought I had an issue. The only issue is that I'm a moron and have been playing the game, not realizing that the objective is to get the 10,000,000 in one run...

Guess when you're just having a merry time playing and leveling up, it doesn't matter. That really says something about the core game.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 AM

There is one achievement "Unlock a chest using a skeleton key". My chest has 3 locks. How does one get it? I've been stuck at this for a while!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersnowman View Post
There is one achievement "Unlock a chest using a skeleton key". My chest has 3 locks. How does one get it? I've been stuck at this for a while!
Did you equip the special ability that gives you a bonus but makes chests more difficult to open? You could always just turn that off.

I think it should still probably work if you remove the first lock yourself and then the last two locks with the key. Or if you just unlock it with two keys in succession. But it might be that you need to turn the ability off.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:35 PM

Thanks, I deactivated it and promptly got the achievement. Silly me.

There's one more which is "Kill armored monster with orbs or staves". Does the armored monster refer to the character that looks like a grey knight? And there are 2 types of staves, a single headed one and a double headed one. Which one should I use? I can't seem to get this achievement either. Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
Thank you, just thank you! I have been sitting here playing and thinking that each run added to a cumulative amount. I just started noticing that my score wasn't going anywhere and thought I had an issue. The only issue is that I'm a moron and have been playing the game, not realizing that the objective is to get the 10,000,000 in one run...

Guess when you're just having a merry time playing and leveling up, it doesn't matter. That really says something about the core game.
Oh. I didn't notice that either... (facepalm)
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM

i really hope this game gets some attention soon..
Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by turakm View Post
i really hope this game gets some attention soon..
Thread Ressurrection'd!

It is. I mentioned on twitter the other day that I've now finished working my notice period on my day job, and am now a full time indie game developer! ( with having a baby, there was no way I could do both any more, so I'm going to take a try with this and see what happens)

I'm hoping to have a new version out at the end of November, It'll be a pretty big update, with lots more to do after you have 'finished' the main game.

In the meantime, It's on sale for Halloween, 30th and 31st only, so you can pick it up now if you havent already :P
Old 10-30-2012, 08:46 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Lucia, best of luck with the update and the baby. I am looking forward to your future efforts.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Great news, Luca! Wish you luck )