★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Bucketz... A Game About Balance

07-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Bucketz [Universal] "A Game About Balance" Out Now!

Hey guys!

This is Bora A. Kutlu, Director of Game Development in Picnic Hippo Studios and creator of Bucketz.

After a year and a half in development, we've finally released our major IOS title Bucketz and we are so happy to be featured all around the world in nearly all countries with most of them giving us a spot in the main poster sections and the front page!

You can download the game right here and give it a spin: http://itunes.apple.com/app/bucketz/id506388040

We really would like to hear your feedback on Bucketz as it's a major franchise that will continue to provide you more content and features on a steady basis in the future. We want to be a part of our gaming community and decide on the exciting new additions to the game together. Please drop a comment on the App Store or on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bucketzgame and you can follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/BucketzGame

Please let us know what you think...

Thanks to you all!

www.bucketz.net

Last edited by Bucketz; 07-28-2012 at 01:39 PM.
07-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Bucketz is now featured on the front page of the App Store in 136 countries! We are proud as an Indie company to have achieved this with our first game!

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	App-Store-Front-Page.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	45623  

Last edited by Bucketz; 07-28-2012 at 01:53 PM.

07-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Could you possibly add a gameplay video please?
07-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Any screenshots or gameplay videos? It's new and im a little tedious on buying

iPhone 4S 16GB - iPad 2 64GB WiFi - iPad 4 32GB WiFi + AT&T Cellular - i7 MacBook Pro late 11 - Transformer Prime TF201 32GB
Game Center - Pman3255 , OpenFeint - Pman55 , Plus+ - Pman3255
07-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I looked at this game on the AppStore, it looks really fun. I decided not to purchase it based on it being a $1.99 game with a lot of iap's. If it was free with the iap's that is one thing but I don't want to pay for a game and then in order to progress without frustration or power up I have to invest unlimited money. I prefer to pay one price and be able to finish the game. I have cut way back on the games I download because it seems like most games that look fun have this kind of pay system.
07-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffernutter View Post
I looked at this game on the AppStore, it looks really fun. I decided not to purchase it based on it being a $1.99 game with a lot of iap's. If it was free with the iap's that is one thing but I don't want to pay for a game and then in order to progress without frustration or power up I have to invest unlimited money. I prefer to pay one price and be able to finish the game. I have cut way back on the games I download because it seems like most games that look fun have this kind of pay system.
Hello flutternutter. I assure you, the InApps are completely optional and you can complete the game without them. The Bucks you win at the end of levels will provide you with enough to purchase many items in the store..

Plus the items in the store only augment certain powerups, minions etc. appearing in the game. For example various glasses in the shop allow you to see through the haze of a smoke grenade. You will not miss any part of the action in the game even if you never visit the store, but it will be slightly harder. I hope this helps you with your decision!
07-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Good Luck Guys!! I played the game and it's a lot of FUN! I love to see Indie companies succeed!
07-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakaiEntertainment View Post
Good Luck Guys!! I played the game and it's a lot of FUN! I love to see Indie companies succeed!
Thanks a lot! That's wonderful to hear after approximately 500 sleepless nights Much appreciated!
07-28-2012, 08:27 PM
OK, I'll bite !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketz View Post
Hello flutternutter. I assure you, the InApps are completely optional and you can complete the game without them. The Bucks you win at the end of levels will provide you with enough to purchase many items in the store..

Plus the items in the store only augment certain powerups, minions etc. appearing in the game. For example various glasses in the shop allow you to see through the haze of a smoke grenade. You will not miss any part of the action in the game even if you never visit the store, but it will be slightly harder. I hope this helps you with your decision!
I had the same issue; but your answer to flutternutter convinced me to thane the plunge. Good luck with sales !!!

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
07-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketz View Post

Thanks for the response, I'm still hesitant though. Would like to hear some impressions from people or see a review first.