★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: PewPew

06-01-2009, 12:36 PM
PewPew - Free Retro Shooter

PewPew - Free (06/01/09)

Version: 1.0
Size: 2.8MB
Developer: pewpewgame.blogspot.com
iTunes Link: Download

Developer's Description:

Quote:
You won't find a story in PewPew, this game is for serious gamers.
The only goal is to achieve the highest score possible. PewPew is a multidirectional shoot them up, where you move and shoot using two virtual joysticks. To play, just hold the iPhone/iPod in landscape mode, and use your thumbs to control the joysticks.

Currently there are two game modes, and more are coming.
Also, in the next version you will have the ability to submit your scores online.
Sweet right?
Source: AppShopper.com

I am not the developer of said game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude

Last edited by f e a r l e s s; 06-01-2009 at 01:00 PM.
06-01-2009, 12:38 PM
weird ---- I am not the developer as well!

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left

06-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
weird ---- I am not the developer as well!
+1

Anyway, this game has really great controls. Music is cool. Graphics are as you see. Worth the download!

Quote:
06-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I just downloaded this and it's actually pretty good. There are 2 modes; one where you have to collect boxes (while dodging enemies and one where you have to shoot enemies. I really like the 3D (2.5D?) vector graphics. It also saves replays of your high scores so you can go back and watch them. The music is also pretty good but there are no sound effects so no "PewPew" sound from your ship.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
06-01-2009, 12:41 PM
First Match-3, then Tower Defense, now we're getting tons of Geometry Wars clones

"Bought"

Don't check this site or private messages often.
06-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah the vector graphics are really nice, and so are the high score replays. It's a very fun game and you can't beat free.

06-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Looks cool! Thanks for the headsup! DL now.

Check us out in the new book 500 Things to Eat Before its too Late by James Beard Lifetime Achievment Award Winners and Authors of the Roadfood column in Gourmet Magazine, Jane and Michael Stern. This is BIG people!!
Read About us in the SJ Mercury News
06-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Just noticed after you submit your score you can watch a replay of the level for each score. The view is also different. In the Assault level the walls look like they react to the music! Very cool! This view would be sweet for actual game play.

Quote:

Last edited by f e a r l e s s; 06-01-2009 at 01:10 PM.
06-01-2009, 01:24 PM
awesome graphics (love retro vectors!), great music (like good mods ) and perfect playability/replayability... it should be $1, not free

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor
06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention. I just now played it for the first time and I think it's great. I think the dodge mode is an interesting take on things, sort of like Space Ninja(they changed the name of that, though, I think).

It's definitely well made and deserves a lot more recognition for being free. There isn't whole lot there, but it's surprisingly compelling.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0