★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Spy vs. Spy 1.99 -----> .99

07-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Spy vs. Spy 1.99 -----> .99

Dont know how to link guys but just saw this on Appshopper, didnt it get released yesterday?

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
07-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Dont know how to link guys but just saw this on Appshopper, didnt it get released yesterday?
Yes, it did. Ouch for those that bought it. I was on the fence about this one and even with the price drop, I'm still on the fence. Seems to be mixed opinions in the main thread.

07-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Mmm not gonna get it I think, I never moan about price drops or prices in general as I understand its a reality of the appstore but a sale a couple hours after release seems like shennanigans to me.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
07-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Mmm not gonna get it I think, I never moan about price drops or prices in general as I understand its a reality of the appstore but a sale a couple hours after release seems like shennanigans to me.
Agreed. That is pretty sh*ty.
07-26-2012, 10:04 AM

07-26-2012, 10:07 AM
I do wonder if the $1.99 price last night was a mistake. The description said 50% off release sale at that time as well. Couldn't see this game going for $3.99.

Still sucks for those who got it last night.
07-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I do wonder if the $1.99 price last night was a mistake. The description said 50% off release sale at that time as well. Couldn't see this game going for $3.99.

Still sucks for those who got it last night.
Yep! Count me as one of the suckers!! Nice slap in the face for faithful retro heads that were waiting the release!!!

I'm not worried about the cost, it's the principal here... seriously rude!

It's not a great game either - shows how game mechanics have moved on since that came out. I thought they could have used a bit more 'artistic license' in a separate mode and actually change up the gameplay a bit but they didn't... wasted license... what's wrong with updating it!! I like retro (hell, I bought it within 20 mins of launch) but feel a bit negative towards it now.

Even the very basic 4 way direction controls are not nice to use. Easy to miss the position when you are trying to search things in a hurry... seeing as that is the whole game they should really have polished controls more. Oh well... at least there were another 5 good game releases last night to keep me busy!

My gaming & gadget blog: http://hatenintendo.wordpress.com
07-26-2012, 10:21 AM
oh no!!! I bought yesterday!! 1.99!!!

07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Calm, folks.

Don't blame the devs each and every time.
Sometimes, the Apple servers are painfully slow in processing stuff.
I remember last X-mas, where a dev reduced the price of his app and it took over 2 days until the price dropped in all stores.
So, this must'nt be automatically the devs fault.
Some people's motto here seems to be "guilty until proven innocent"
instead of "innocent until proven guilty".

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-26-2012, 11:36 AM
In the main thread, the dev is owning up to the mistake and even offering to PayPal a dollar those who paid the $1.99 price. At least, they're trying to correct their mistake. That's not something you see from a lot of devs on the iOS.