★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Why can't promo codes be used ouside the USA?

06-01-2009, 02:14 PM
#1
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 633
Why can't promo codes be used ouside the USA?

Seems unfair to us other gamers
06-01-2009, 02:16 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,252
Sigh. It's Apple's fault.

</thread>

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

06-01-2009, 02:31 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Sigh. It's Apple's fault.

</thread>
Well said.
06-01-2009, 02:34 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,707
No one knows! Just be glad we have some kind of promo code system at all. Prior to Apple adding them, all developers could to if they wanted to send out free review copies of their games was to give out iTunes gift card codes.

You can pretty easily create an American iTunes account to redeem codes though, so there's always that option.
06-01-2009, 03:01 PM
#5
Joined: May 2009
Location: England. It's a sucky place.
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
You can pretty easily create an American iTunes account to redeem codes though, so there's always that option.
Yep, i live in Beverly Hills (or at least that's what Apple thinks...) I use my UK account for everything aside from promo codes, though.

Jailbreaking - Because everyone needs Pokemon on their iPod.
06-01-2009, 03:04 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Location: 加拿大
Posts: 1,239
There are international laws for purchases and stuff, which prevents Apple from allowing promotional codes to be used outside of the US store.
People still do it anyhow.

It's probably the same reason why Canadians can't use iTunes cards to buy apps.
06-01-2009, 03:18 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester/Sheffield
Posts: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaIllusion View Post
There are international laws for purchases and stuff, which prevents Apple from allowing promotional codes to be used outside of the US store.
People still do it anyhow.

It's probably the same reason why Canadians can't use iTunes cards to buy apps.
didn't know that. I've been reluctant to create a US account because it could mess things up on my ipod but i might try it in the future.
06-01-2009, 03:36 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Posts: 119
Send a message via AIM to JTHM87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Sigh. It's Apple's fault.

</thread>
Move to the US! We have a President that has his own cologne!

Now Playing: RE: Degeneration, FlightControl, Mafia Live!(775 908 694), Zenonia, Clue, and a whole lot more!
Follow me on Twitter! <3
Check this song out, it's amazing I promise!! Shout Out Louds - The Comeback
06-01-2009, 07:00 PM
#9
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 5,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHM87 View Post
Move to the US! We have a President that has his own cologne!
Rofl
Nice one

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
06-01-2009, 07:06 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: In AMERICA.
Posts: 643
Cuz US is best. Nuff said.