★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Atomic Galactic Rider - Van Pershing in Space (by ECO Pawel Jarosz) [$.99 -> Free]

07-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Atomic Galactic Rider - Van Pershing in Space (by ECO Pawel Jarosz) [$.99 -> Free]

First time free since release last week..

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
07-27-2012, 03:05 AM
Lol.. that was quick. Anyways, it's a good Jetpack Joyride type of runner if anyone wants to know.

Get it for free.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
First time free since release last week...
I actually had to read that twice...

DBC

I could never give up.
07-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Lol.. that was quick. Anyways, it's a good Jetpack Joyride type of runner if anyone wants to know.

Get it for free.
I picked up all the other Van Pershing titles and I don't think any of them lasted more than 15 minutes on my phone... just not enough to them, you know?

I love the idea, love the graphics, love the UI and other game "bits," but the other titles were more, "walk, shoot something, walk some more, shoot something else..." just not much there.

This, on the other hand... This might be a keeper...

DBC

I could never give up.
07-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Pretty nice runner but it needs definately more content like missions or gc-achievements.

Game Center: sink_or_swim
07-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Pretty nice runner but it needs definately more content like missions or gc-achievements.
Yeah, I agree.

I do have to say, this dev is getting closer...

If this game had missions, the coin magnet was permanent (single use is just too cheap and arguably not even worth picking up), GC achievements, and the deaths weren't so cheap, I would leave this on my phone and pick up some IAPs to keep the dev team moving in this direction...

Frankly, if the coin magnet was a permanent IAP, I'd probably pick that up.

The good news is the graphics are great, it does have that JJ feel to an extent, and the coins flow pretty freely...

For now I'll personally hope for an update that addresses some or all of my suggestions, but I wouldn't hesitate to suggest others give this a shot...

DBC

I could never give up.