Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:29 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I read everything 'woosh', so let's talk about free roam. How will that be? What would it look like? My meaning, how would you be able to free roam? Side walking? Lol.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tso5818 View Post
I read everything 'woosh', so let's talk about free roam. How will that be? What would it look like? My meaning, how would you be able to free roam? Side walking? Lol.
Thank you for your interest
Haha, well maybe english not being my mother tongue is getting me back
By "free roam", I mean being able to chose between different fight events in a "point of interest" based interface (= at a time, 5 different events pop, you can chose one out of 5). Like a virtual roaming between different places where you can participate in different fight types. Not actually walking, though (Ok the word roam is a bit confusing I admit, I'll edit that thanks )

Each of these fight types will have a different risk/reward formula, each reward being designed to motivate participating in another event type. I can't say more for now, but the goal was to bring both freedom and choice in the way you'll make your character evolve through fights.

Last edited by KineticDamage; 08-15-2012 at 07:46 PM..
Old 08-15-2012, 10:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

How long before release? Been waiting a while now and want to get this!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticDamage View Post
Thank you for your interest
Haha, well maybe english not being my mother tongue is getting me back
By "free roam", I mean being able to chose between different fight events in a "point of interest" based interface (= at a time, 5 different events pop, you can chose one out of 5). Like a virtual roaming between different places where you can participate in different fight types. Not actually walking, though (Ok the word roam is a bit confusing I admit, I'll edit that thanks )

Each of these fight types will have a different risk/reward formula, each reward being designed to motivate participating in another event type. I can't say more for now, but the goal was to bring both freedom and choice in the way you'll make your character evolve through fights.
Lol, your welcome.
I was looking forward to it being free roam, like I was thinking it would look like in my head lol, but all and all. I love how it looks.

When I watched the video. A part looked weird, the DJ guy, that you could only see his back. He turned a bit and look like he was rubber? Haha. Need to change that . Keep up the great work.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:31 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
How long before release? Been waiting a while now and want to get this!!!
The good old "when it's done" adage could be used indeed, but I'm working my ass off to make it available during September

Quote:
Originally Posted by tso5818 View Post
Lol, your welcome.
I was looking forward to it being free roam, like I was thinking it would look like in my head lol, but all and all. I love how it looks.

When I watched the video. A part looked weird, the DJ guy, that you could only see his back. He turned a bit and look like he was rubber? Haha. Need to change that . Keep up the great work.
Thank you Ideally I would have loved to make a real free roam (that's how it popped at first in my mind at least), but for it not to look like some sort of gimmick, it would need some huge gamedesign features to make it useful, like RPG elements, big varied maps/interiors, etc. Well that's an idea to keep I'd say !
I'll look into the DJ ! By rubber do you mean too elastic ?

Last edited by KineticDamage; 08-16-2012 at 03:34 AM..
Old 08-16-2012, 03:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
The good old "when it's done" adage could be used indeed, but I'm working my ass off to make it available during September
Thanks!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:45 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I'm making every possible optimization to make it run on 3GS. I did put graphic options slider to reduce the amount of details, transparent textures (fillrate), and make it run smoother on old hardware. Didn't test it yet on 3GS, but I got one, so I'll proceed to tests pretty soon.

There will be only one IAP : the full game. Initially, I'm planning to make it free with 2 martial arts, one level, and local multiplayer, while all the remaining features (7 levels, 6 martial arts, outfits, career mode, etc) will be purchasable via IAP in one unique package.

The price is not determined yet, as all the features has not been announced yet, but you can expect it to be slightly lower than current fighting game "big boys" (Capcom, SNK,etc). Something like 3.99$ anyway.

Those details are not set in stone, but you get the general idea

edit : the only thing I need to test extensively with 3GS is the RAM consumption overall. There are quite a lot of animations to load (400-500 per char approximately), because I wanted to give varied movesets and smooth animations. 3GS got 256 RAM, and actually fights are not eating more than 20 MB, plus I made sure there's zero mem leak, but I have to consider that most gamers let all the other apps run in the background. I'll make some extensive tests anyway
Need any help testing it?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Need any help testing it?
That's kind of you, thanks But this shouldn't take enough time to require a whole external beta testing procedure.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:55 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
That's kind of you, thanks But this shouldn't take enough time to require a whole external beta testing procedure.
Oh well, thought I'd ask. And about people keeping other apps open, I'll be happy to see something like this run on my phone even I had to close everything else to get it to run well enough.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:38 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Hi Toucharcaders !

Just a brief update, to say I totally recoded and remade the Char Creator. Now with more intuitive controls, nicer buttons, and most of all a far better memory management (= no more lag because of huge texture/model caching between steps).

This is how you create your own fighter :

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Closed Thread