Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-28-2012, 10:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I had a problem with the text with this one...have they fixed the issues?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
How many classes are there, I only see 2 is the female wiz and the male knight the only ones?
I have unlocked 4 so far, but leads me to believe there are four. The male Assassin and the female Warrior.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Has anyone used the IAP yet?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:44 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewhy View Post
Has anyone used the IAP yet?
I couldnt upgrade as much as i can after the first weapon change due to lack of those upgrade stones which can be bought through IAP, but I dont feel i need it so i didnt get any IAP. I still get by the game fine even though now the game poses some challenge, which is preferable anyway.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:55 AM

The shards and stuff are used when you upgrade some equipment past the 3 steps you can when you feed them souls. One you max out those upgrade slots you can level up your weapon with the shards.

I have to say I really really like this game - the boards start getting really challenging and you have to use a bit of strategy which I enjoy. It's not too easy, but also not so hard as to be frustrating.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:06 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulderino View Post
I had a problem with the text with this one...have they fixed the issues?

This is a known issue for non-native english speakers and the devs already work on a fix for it.
Until the update arrives, switch your iDevice to English as long as you play it. That works around the issue.

The game itself is very engaging and needs a lot more attention. I think this and 10000000 are clearly my favourites this month. Legend Four has clear, crisp graphics, nice music and sound and good controls. It really deserves a download.
I played it several hours now and I had no need for IAPs yet. I doubt I'll hit a paywall later. The devs are crazy to give such a little gem away for free! I am thinking about dropping 1-2 bucks into the IAP just to support them and as a thanks for this game.
Oh, the game has a lot of content, too. A big world map with a bunch of lands, each with a handful of levels. Can keep you busy for quite a while.
When a level ir enemy us too hard for you, you can always visit earlier levels with stronger opponents and defeat them for upgrade points. This might be considered as grinding, but it doesn't feel like it, cause the battles and unlocking all enemies in one location are always fun.

Strongly recommended.

Last edited by Vovin; 07-29-2012 at 02:19 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 07:24 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

What Vovin said. I'm a disorganized mess of a human, so I lost my TA pw before I had a chance to even log in...guess my browser ate the cookie.

Regardless, I've been poking around in here dot nearly 4 years, and one poster who's opinions I've followed is Vovin. Between him, Hodapp, and Gabrien...well, they just get it right. If all 3 say a game is great, it's probably GOTM material, at the least.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:36 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Im glad people like the game as i have enjoyed it. It's too bad the game doesnt get much recognition, but it definitely deserves some attention.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:30 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

Downloaded the game one week ago..saw it in the latest RPG list on the AppStore.
What a nice surprise!!!
The game start super easy...you are basically invincible till you arrive at the Volcano world...then things gets really interesting.
It's a nice combo between Dungeon Saga, Puzzle Quest and obviously Dungeon Raid.
Besides the language bug (you have to select English in the phone settings to be able to see the texts) it is really polished, even if the texts are a bit Engrish sometimes (nothing big tough).
Story is simple but enjoyable, the quarrels between the 4 members of your party add to the char...but later in the game you really have to ponder your moves and select well your talents.
The souls thing, rather than a iaps excuse, force you to really thing about which weapons to upgrade, not to mention the lacks of gems really force you to think before 'recasting' a weapon (I wish I could know beforehand the effect of the magic applied).

A really nice surprise...could be EASILY a premium priced game....dunno if there is a pay wall sooner or later but so far (especially in world 5-6) is pretty great.

Another thing to consider is...do I level up (waaaaay faster) just one char or do I level all the party members equally to take advantage of each characteristics?

So far I'm loving the knight and the thief.

It's free so...just download it and stick with it till world 5....if you loved Puzzle Quest you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Pitta; 07-29-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 08:52 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This game has two things going for it: a great core mechanic (that it borrowed in its entirety from other titles,) and a highly polished graphical finish. All of the stuff in between, such as game balance, depth, the way various gameplay elements interact with each other, challenge and reward ratios, are lacking to varying extents. The translation is woeful and part of the game/menu options aren't translated at all. Overall I just get the impression of somebody going all out with the wax and polish on the hood, while forgetting that there's an engine underneath that requires attention and tuning as well.