Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-24-2013, 12:46 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Electronic Super Joy coming to IOS. YAY

I'm sorry if this has been posted but I could not find it anywhere. I was on twitch tv watching a streamer play this game and thought to myself how awesome would this be on a iPad. And sure enough here we go. From what I gather and see, this game is brutally hard. I'm so pumped for this.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Electronic+Super+Joy/news.asp?c=53278
Old 08-24-2013, 01:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Anyone else have any other info on this?
Old 08-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbridge View Post
Anyone else have any other info on this?
I'll probably be getting the Steam version, so I'll post impressions of the game.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Watched the trailer and am definitely excited for this. It'll feel right at home on the app store.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Can't wait myself
Old 08-25-2013, 04:30 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

This looks like it was made for a smooth, updated iOS device. Polish it to death, and bring it soon, please! Yummy!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

My impressions of the PC version. If League of Evil can work on IOS, then I think ESJ can too.

http://indiegameenthusiast.blogspot....super-joy.html
Quote:
When starting up Electronic Super Joy, a screen warns that the game "may cause seizures! Also, cause motion sickness!" and that's not hyperbole. Electronic Super Joy is at once a psychedelic visual experience and a tough-as-nails platformer.

The surreal landscape spawns trees and other scenery as you approach, the environment is alive with strobing lights and moving colors, all while electronic music and orgasmic moaning plays in the background. The paper thin story is as surreal as the graphics: it's quite simple, you're on a quest to rescue your butt. The game is never static, even the levels are in constant motion.

Each level automatically scrolls left to right, adding a sense of urgency not seen in other platformers. You only have seconds to evaluate what obstacles lay ahead. The controls are simple: arrow keys to move, Z to jump, X to butt smash (also useful for quickly landing a jump and gaining a precious extra second) but are more than capable of overcoming the myriad challenges. Lasers, portals, blade turrets, jump pads, one-use jump pads, swarms of missiles (which follow you relentlessly and can pass through the environment), spinning blades, rotating levels, bosses, and other hazards all stand between you and the exit. You will die, that's for sure, but there are checkpoints and auto restarts give the game a "one more go" appeal that only the best platformers can provide.

The game's pixel art style is simple but plays smoothly and I doubt any modern computers will have trouble running it. Electronic Super Joy is quite literally a joy to play. If you're a fan of Super Meat Boy or other challenging platformers, I think you'll definitely enjoy this game.