★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Is there a good RPG coming out?

11-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Is there a good RPG coming out?

I know that many developers read this forum. Is anybody working on a Might & Magic style RPG? I think the iPhone/iPod Touch platform is ideal for this type of game. I would love to see something like this, and there currently ISN'T anything that seems to fit the bill. Long play, randomly generated maps and weapons and enemies, parties, quests, etc...

Would anybody else like to see this?
11-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Old school

I would love to see an old retro RPG ---like Bard's Tale .....even an old hack and slash like DIABLO would work well and make BLIZZARD(tm) more money.....what if FATE could be ported! Would that not be nice?

11-24-2008, 05:53 PM
That's the exact thing I'm working on. Don't hold your breath though, this is just a side project for now and I've only just started on art, let alone code.

Hopefully somebody else will make a great RPG sooner or later.
11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
I would love to see an old retro RPG ---like Bard's Tale .....even an old hack and slash like DIABLO would work well and make BLIZZARD(tm) more money.....what if FATE could be ported! Would that not be nice?
Try Dragon Bane II, its exactly like Bards Tale.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291878202&mt=8
11-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio
I have plans to make one too my plans is a mix between a 3DLands of lore (for the core gameplay and stroyline) with 1112 like graphics..
it may take a while through, i'll do it as a side project while working on differents episodes of 1112...

Alexandre leboucher - Agharta studio
Designer of 1112
Check out my twitter for latest updates!
11-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Hm i have a good idea

why not just bring out all pokemon games. just port them to iphone. is not that hard, worked on hacked ipod touch/iphone. also what about harry potter gameboy version. Super mario would be cool. Donkey Kong country, sonic, final fantasy, legend of zelda. any of these would be superb. especially pokemon. would play it even with the crappy graphics from GBC/GBA cos that is its charm
11-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingflettner View Post
why not just bring out all pokemon games. just port them to iphone. is not that hard, worked on hacked ipod touch/iphone. also what about harry potter gameboy version. Super mario would be cool. Donkey Kong country, sonic, final fantasy, legend of zelda. any of these would be superb. especially pokemon. would play it even with the crappy graphics from GBC/GBA cos that is its charm
Funny, Nintendo would never do any of that! lol
11-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
I have plans to make one too my plans is a mix between a 3DLands of lore (for the core gameplay and stroyline) with 1112 like graphics..
it may take a while through, i'll do it as a side project while working on differents episodes of 1112...
OR... You could release 1112. What ever happened to this game?Is it still in development?
11-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio
Pilot episode is finished and it went to approval yesterday!
Expect The trailer and a new website this week (don't know how many time it takes for approval , but since there are a lot of things to check in the game it can takes longer than regular games)

Alexandre leboucher - Agharta studio
Designer of 1112
Check out my twitter for latest updates!
11-25-2008, 10:31 AM
thanks for the update aghartastudio... i am eagerly awaiting this one.. another one that i think will be good is crystal defenders