App description: Wrrr is a classic, side scrolling, hand-drawn 2D platforming game. We have made every effort to provide you with unique and challenging levels, which will give you an unforgettable experience.

Wrrr tells a story of dad-dinosaur who has lost contact with his family after an unexpected natural disaster. Now he embarks on a journey to find them.

Aid him now and experience an incredible adventure by going through 9 beautiful hand-drawn levels. During this journey you will explore deep dark caves, lush forests, wild swamps and icy mountains. Help trapped creatures, collect points, leap,run and fight while visiting the gorgeous hand-drawn world. On your way you will meet fire demons, evil plants and giant bees. By overcoming those adversities you will reunite with your lost family.

Key features:
- Nine beautiful hand drawn levels!
- Unique enemies!
- Exceptional animations!
- Interesting and compelling story!
- Original music and sound effects!
- Challenging gameplay, easy to learn and hard to master!

Tips:

a) Double tap move buttons to run.

b) Sometimes it's better to wait a couple of seconds for the Evil Green Plant to turn around in order to kill it.

c) Fire Dinos shoot Fire Demons, you should avoid them, because they have a very big area of knockback.

d) You can jump on bees and stomp them down, sometimes this even helps you cross a chasm on the map.

Nimbi Studios's comments:

07-31-2012, 03:34 AM
I'm liking what I'm seeing here! Gonna snatch this up! Really like the art work.

07-31-2012, 03:48 AM
Yep i'll be getting this in a minute, has touch screen controls, nice hand drawn art, looks good.
07-31-2012, 04:23 AM
Okay lets give this a go, made with the Unity engine. (Still think the name Wrrr is very strange!)

Nice handdrawn map at the beginning, little cartoon intro with stills. Controls work well but be nice if you could change the buttons, for some reason i kept pressing 'fire' thinking it was jump (Jump is obviously the button at the top).

Graphics look nice, great animation, first level was basic to get you used to it. Would like to know more about what to do, eg if i hadnt watched that gameplay video above i wouldnt know i had to rescue the 'mole' type creatures.

Finished the first level so the map gets coloured in and moves to the next part which i'll carry on later.

From what i've played so far well worth 69p if you like platformers, the video seems to show a fair bit of the game so check it out. Happy with my purchase, shall play this more later, great little platformer.
07-31-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Okay lets give this a go, made with the Unity engine. (Still think the name Wrrr is very strange!)

Nice handdrawn map at the beginning, little cartoon intro with stills. Controls work well but be nice if you could change the buttons, for some reason i kept pressing 'fire' thinking it was jump (Jump is obviously the button at the top).

Graphics look nice, great animation, first level was basic to get you used to it. Would like to know more about what to do, eg if i hadnt watched that gameplay video above i wouldnt know i had to rescue the 'mole' type creatures.

Finished the first level so the map gets coloured in and moves to the next part which i'll carry on later.

From what i've played so far well worth 69p if you like platformers, the video seems to show a fair bit of the game so check it out. Happy with my purchase, shall play this more later, great little platformer.
Thanks for your reply, we look forward to more comments from everyone! They'll help us improve Wrrr, hopefully there will be content updates with new levels in the future.

P.S.

If you liked our game, please rate it on AppStore.
07-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Er... Movement pad is on the right? I cant play with a NES controller upside down.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Er... Movement pad is on the right? I cant play with a NES controller upside down.
It's not. >_>

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks like movement is on the left -- notice the directional buttons. The dpad on the right is likely for actions (jump, duck, attack).

Design-wise it reminds me a bit of Earthworm Jim. I'll be checking it out.
07-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Exactly movement on the left, and jump/fire/duck etc on the right.
07-31-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys.. Then it's instabuy.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword