Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-31-2012, 08:03 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hmm... I'm interested... But I think I'll wait on this one... Got a LOT of games to play right now.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Design-wise it reminds me a bit of Earthworm Jim. I'll be checking it out.
Exactly what I was thinking watching the vid!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hello again!

Here are some helpful tips for players:

a) Double tap move buttons to run.

b) Sometimes it's better to wait a couple of seconds for the Evil Green Plant to turn around in order to kill it.

c) Fire Dinos shoot Fire Demons, you should avoid them, because they have a very big area of knockback.

d) You can jump on bees and stomp them down, sometimes this even helps you cross a chasm on the map.

Have fun playing!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Any more impressions/reviews for this one?
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hey there guys, here are some more promo codes for you

RWEMKNW6WRLH

WHMWEEWM4M69

6JLFHL3LN9XP

ALT6P4YHA3KA

EPAXFR36R3MM

Please do one thing if you've redeemed a promo code:

a) Write what you think about our game here

Have fun

Last edited by Nimbi Studios; 08-02-2012 at 10:36 AM..
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Used 6JLFHL3LN9XP

Unable to leave reviews in iTunes for apps bought with promo codes but will post impressions here tonight when I get off work. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:49 AM

Default Game Impressions

This game has beautiful artwork and good music, but the controls simply ruin the experience. They just are not adequate for the tough platforming and cheap hits the game throws at you.

The main issue for me on Pad 3 is that the buttons are small and not at all generous about where you press them. So a lot of the time you try to hit jump, miss the button by a tiny bit, and die. Same way with the direction pad, you hit it and don't move, then die, or try to double tap to run and walk instead, then die.

The game seems to be aware of that problem and tries to fix it by giving you unlimited lives and generous checkpoints, but that just means you spend a lot of time repeatedly trying to pass a section that should be easy if the damn controls would work right. The whole game took me about 90 minutes to finish, but about an hour of that was those kind of frustrating retries.

Bigger, more responsive buttons would help a lot. There's no need to have four buttons on the right, including a tail whip and a stick hit that are effectively identical and a crouch move that you hardly ever use.

I think there is a good game in here if the controls can be fixed, but as it stands now I'd only recommend it to the very patient.

Last edited by shawnbuddy; 08-02-2012 at 11:52 AM..
Old 08-02-2012, 12:29 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnbuddy View Post
This game has beautiful artwork and good music, but the controls simply ruin the experience. They just are not adequate for the tough platforming and cheap hits the game throws at you.

The main issue for me on Pad 3 is that the buttons are small and not at all generous about where you press them. So a lot of the time you try to hit jump, miss the button by a tiny bit, and die. Same way with the direction pad, you hit it and don't move, then die, or try to double tap to run and walk instead, then die.

The game seems to be aware of that problem and tries to fix it by giving you unlimited lives and generous checkpoints, but that just means you spend a lot of time repeatedly trying to pass a section that should be easy if the damn controls would work right. The whole game took me about 90 minutes to finish, but about an hour of that was those kind of frustrating retries.

Bigger, more responsive buttons would help a lot. There's no need to have four buttons on the right, including a tail whip and a stick hit that are effectively identical and a crouch move that you hardly ever use.

I think there is a good game in here if the controls can be fixed, but as it stands now I'd only recommend it to the very patient.
I completely agree with the above statement and experienced same (on the small screen, though). Nothing more to add. Deleted.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^I agree with shawnbuddy's post. The controls arent cutting it. It needs to be tweaked or i wont be able to consider it playable.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I completely agree with the above statement and experienced same (on the small screen, though). Nothing more to add. Deleted.
Yeah, same. :/ The game didn't even last half an hour on my phone because of those issues covered by shawnbuddy. It was just way too tedious to go on.