App description: Wrrr is a classic, side scrolling, hand-drawn 2D platforming game. We have made every effort to provide you with unique and challenging levels, which will give you an unforgettable experience.

Wrrr tells a story of dad-dinosaur who has lost contact with his family after an unexpected natural disaster. Now he embarks on a journey to find them.

Aid him now and experience an incredible adventure by going through 9 beautiful hand-drawn levels. During this journey you will explore deep dark caves, lush forests, wild swamps and icy mountains. Help trapped creatures, collect points, leap,run and fight while visiting the gorgeous hand-drawn world. On your way you will meet fire demons, evil plants and giant bees. By overcoming those adversities you will reunite with your lost family.

Key features:
- Nine beautiful hand drawn levels!
- Unique enemies!
- Exceptional animations!
- Interesting and compelling story!
- Original music and sound effects!
- Challenging gameplay, easy to learn and hard to master!

Tips:

a) Double tap move buttons to run.

b) Sometimes it's better to wait a couple of seconds for the Evil Green Plant to turn around in order to kill it.

c) Fire Dinos shoot Fire Demons, you should avoid them, because they have a very big area of knockback.

d) You can jump on bees and stomp them down, sometimes this even helps you cross a chasm on the map.

Nimbi Studios's comments:

07-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Hmm... I'm interested... But I think I'll wait on this one... Got a LOT of games to play right now.
07-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Design-wise it reminds me a bit of Earthworm Jim. I'll be checking it out.
Exactly what I was thinking watching the vid!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

07-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Hello again!

Here are some helpful tips for players:

a) Double tap move buttons to run.

b) Sometimes it's better to wait a couple of seconds for the Evil Green Plant to turn around in order to kill it.

c) Fire Dinos shoot Fire Demons, you should avoid them, because they have a very big area of knockback.

d) You can jump on bees and stomp them down, sometimes this even helps you cross a chasm on the map.

Have fun playing!
08-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Any more impressions/reviews for this one?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
08-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Hey there guys, here are some more promo codes for you

RWEMKNW6WRLH

WHMWEEWM4M69

6JLFHL3LN9XP

ALT6P4YHA3KA

EPAXFR36R3MM

Please do one thing if you've redeemed a promo code:

a) Write what you think about our game here

Have fun

Last edited by Nimbi Studios; 08-02-2012 at 10:36 AM.
08-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Used 6JLFHL3LN9XP

Unable to leave reviews in iTunes for apps bought with promo codes but will post impressions here tonight when I get off work. Thanks.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
08-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Game Impressions

This game has beautiful artwork and good music, but the controls simply ruin the experience. They just are not adequate for the tough platforming and cheap hits the game throws at you.

The main issue for me on Pad 3 is that the buttons are small and not at all generous about where you press them. So a lot of the time you try to hit jump, miss the button by a tiny bit, and die. Same way with the direction pad, you hit it and don't move, then die, or try to double tap to run and walk instead, then die.

The game seems to be aware of that problem and tries to fix it by giving you unlimited lives and generous checkpoints, but that just means you spend a lot of time repeatedly trying to pass a section that should be easy if the damn controls would work right. The whole game took me about 90 minutes to finish, but about an hour of that was those kind of frustrating retries.

Bigger, more responsive buttons would help a lot. There's no need to have four buttons on the right, including a tail whip and a stick hit that are effectively identical and a crouch move that you hardly ever use.

I think there is a good game in here if the controls can be fixed, but as it stands now I'd only recommend it to the very patient.

Last edited by shawnbuddy; 08-02-2012 at 11:52 AM.
08-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnbuddy View Post
This game has beautiful artwork and good music, but the controls simply ruin the experience. They just are not adequate for the tough platforming and cheap hits the game throws at you.

The main issue for me on Pad 3 is that the buttons are small and not at all generous about where you press them. So a lot of the time you try to hit jump, miss the button by a tiny bit, and die. Same way with the direction pad, you hit it and don't move, then die, or try to double tap to run and walk instead, then die.

The game seems to be aware of that problem and tries to fix it by giving you unlimited lives and generous checkpoints, but that just means you spend a lot of time repeatedly trying to pass a section that should be easy if the damn controls would work right. The whole game took me about 90 minutes to finish, but about an hour of that was those kind of frustrating retries.

Bigger, more responsive buttons would help a lot. There's no need to have four buttons on the right, including a tail whip and a stick hit that are effectively identical and a crouch move that you hardly ever use.

I think there is a good game in here if the controls can be fixed, but as it stands now I'd only recommend it to the very patient.
I completely agree with the above statement and experienced same (on the small screen, though). Nothing more to add. Deleted.
08-02-2012, 12:50 PM
^I agree with shawnbuddy's post. The controls arent cutting it. It needs to be tweaked or i wont be able to consider it playable.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I completely agree with the above statement and experienced same (on the small screen, though). Nothing more to add. Deleted.
Yeah, same. :/ The game didn't even last half an hour on my phone because of those issues covered by shawnbuddy. It was just way too tedious to go on.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"