Support our Sponsors:

Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

It seems weird that there would be so many willing people to make an emu for android, but only one person for iPhone!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

We are missing a turbo graphics emulator also!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:35 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

You don't have to go through a process of 'opening' an Android handset to make it run a certain application. I believe you can also submit emulators to Google Play, their official Application Store.

Two reasons why you have more emulators on Android.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post
You don't have to go through a process of 'opening' an Android handset to make it run a certain application. I believe you can also submit emulators to Google Play, their official Application Store.

Yeh but with the sheer amount of iphones out there you would think there would be more, I have always found it puzzling.
It's one of the reasons I am considering moving to android actually. That and if the new iphone is going to be this weird long thing I have seen pictures of.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:44 PM

I really don't know how you can put out an emulator for N64 as there are so many buttons.

Last edited by Echoseven; 08-07-2012 at 11:04 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 03:23 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
Yeh but with the sheer amount of iphones out there you would think there would be more, I have always found it puzzling.
It's one of the reasons I am considering moving to android actually. That and if the new iphone is going to be this weird long thing I have seen pictures of.
Yeah but how many of those iPhones are Jailbroken? On Android you could rely on the average consumer maybe stumbling across SNES9X or another emulator and thinking 'Whoa cool!'.

How many average consumers are using a process on their sparkly iPhones that contains the suffix 'break' and is prefaced by the word 'jail'. How many people take a 'casual browse' through the Cydia store? That thing looks like a hospital waiting room for Apps.

On that note how many first time jailbreak users just give up at the sight of the opening Cydia message asking if you are a hacker or a user?

If emulators are what you want then you should go for an Android device. Nexus 7 here I come.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

For those wondering how you'd do the buttons, check out n64oid, not the best set up but doable. And if it support a Wiimote you can plug the classic controller to it and viola, no problem. This is all theoretical.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

If it's not a Rakashazi (Broglia) emulator, then I'm probably not interested... I'm looking at an N64 emulator on Google Play right now and it doesn't look good. Seems like it's completely riddled with ads and I'm not sure if it even supports external controllers.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:51 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
we are missing a turbo graphics emulator also!
pce.emu
Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post

Sometimes quantity doesn't mean quality. Have you had a go with these emulators? The ones that "relatively work" are ad supported with banners or annoying air-push ads, and popups that hound you to buy or install other games by the dev. The others are premium apps that average between 1.99-4.99.

The best emulators for Android, which aren't blasting ads and work very well aren't even in their market, n64oid, snesoid and nesoid are gone...

I've got both platforms, and while I do like having to jump through less hoops to get emulators on android, I very much prefer them on iOS, like Mame4All/Mame4Droid for example. Configuring Mame4Droid is not as streamlined as the iOS counterpart. The UI requires that you go pages deep to get to some settings, which can become cumbersome when tweaking things during a game.