★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Trembita
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 54.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A small independent team of game developers - Trembita Game Studio - is happy to introduce to you the first project - a puzzle game Happy Trip. It is a travel story of a penguin named Happy as he is making his way to the edge of the world in pursuit of wonderful sea-side holidays.

We tried to create a game we'd love to play ourselves, a game that would make you do a lot of logic thinking and - at times - train your reaction.

Game features:

- dozens of levels
- mind-bending puzzles
- racing action sequences
- mini-games

We aspired to create a quality puzzle game, a one-time purchase so you don't spend any more money. Well, unless you ask for more levels after you've beaten the entire 60 levels ;)

Have fun!

Free Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/happy-trip-lite/id536178307?mt=8

TrembitaGameStudio's comments:
Hello!
We are a small team of game developers - Trembita Game Studio, and we would like to introduce to you our first project - a puzzle called Happy Trip. It is a travel story of a penguin named Happy as he is making his way to the edge of the world in pursuit of wonderful sea-side holidays.

iTunes Link (Free): http://itunes.apple.com/app/happy-trip-lite/id536178307
iTunes Link (Paid): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/happy-trip/id531155919
Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3QmTvewsEQ

I hope you will have time to try the game, that you will enjoy it and not throw it away after the very first difficult puzzle.

Here's a few promo codes for those of you who love free stuff:

L33WXKNM9NXH
KT7PJT3P4LXR
P4996JKY6FAT
ARF4YWPPHPMH
Y9JMKLTA34N6

Play our game and have fun!

Best regards,
Trembita Game Studio

www.trembita.com
07-31-2012, 08:53 AM
KT7PJT3P4LXR thank you

Game Center: sink_or_swim
08-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Wow, I really lucked out with this one and scored a code this morning (the 2nd one in the list, I believe).

Anyway... I love puzzle games, but rarely find any that live up to my expectations. However, in this title, i was NOT disappointed. Happy Trip has original twists, multiple interesting obstacles, and even mini-games to provide a change of pace. Oh, and let's not forget that the game looks lovely. I am so relieved that this is pure puzzle rather than a race against time -- games that limit your time to increase the challenge are cheating, IMO. No, the game designers obviously put a lot of thought and care into the game, and I'll happily trip along with it for as many levels as my brain can handle. Kudos!

If you are a puzzle game affianado like me--or even a casual fan, for that matter, I highly recommend Happy Trip.

I only have a few small suggestions: 1) I wish the progress in incomplete levels was saved, and 2) it would be nice to be able to drag the turn & jump game pieces directly from the buttons at the top of the page, rather than opening the menu & then dragging them. Minor inconveniences, both, but I do believe the game play experience would be even more smooth if changed.

Oh, and finally, for the devs... Are you planning to post the most efficient solutions to the levels? I'm no genius, and eventually I'll get irrevocably stumped.
08-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerdingCats View Post
Wow, I really lucked out with this one and scored a code this morning (the 2nd one in the list, I believe).

Anyway... I love puzzle games, but rarely find any that live up to my expectations. However, in this title, i was NOT disappointed. Happy Trip has original twists, multiple interesting obstacles, and even mini-games to provide a change of pace. Oh, and let's not forget that the game looks lovely. I am so relieved that this is pure puzzle rather than a race against time -- games that limit your time to increase the challenge are cheating, IMO. No, the game designers obviously put a lot of thought and care into the game, and I'll happily trip along with it for as many levels as my brain can handle. Kudos!

If you are a puzzle game affianado like me--or even a casual fan, for that matter, I highly recommend Happy Trip.

I only have a few small suggestions: 1) I wish the progress in incomplete levels was saved, and 2) it would be nice to be able to drag the turn & jump game pieces directly from the buttons at the top of the page, rather than opening the menu & then dragging them. Minor inconveniences, both, but I do believe the game play experience would be even more smooth if changed.

Oh, and finally, for the devs... Are you planning to post the most efficient solutions to the levels? I'm no genius, and eventually I'll get irrevocably stumped.
Many thanks for your kind words! And yes, we actually planned to let the player drag the gadgets directly from the menu without opening it, but we just did not have enough time to do it in a proper way. We'll probably add this feature in one of the future updates.

No, we did not plan to reveal the solutions, because that would ruin all the challenge As you have rightly noticed, in some cases there are several ways to beat a level But we've play-tested each others' levels - all of them, be sure - and we beat them all, and we're not geniuses (believe us). So, I guess, a puzzle fan like you, who appreciates the gameplay, can do it.

Thanks again for your thoughful feedback. Hope you'll enjoy the game in its entirety and tell your friends about it