★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Toon Shooter $1.99 ---> Free

07-31-2012, 12:08 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Toon Shooter $1.99 ---> Free

A little sad to see this, but it's a must have for shump fans. Although Cave may be the king of shumps in general on the AppStore, I think I've actually had more fun playing this one lately.

IAPs are not necessary, but admittedly can help.

EDIT: Sorry for misspeaking. It was originally free before it went to paid. But it's great either way!



Last edited by awp69; 07-31-2012 at 12:32 PM.
07-31-2012, 12:21 PM
#2
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Takeshi's Castle
Posts: 126
This is a fantastic game. Must grab at FREE!!!

07-31-2012, 12:22 PM
#3
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 8,673
No reason to feel bad seeing this go free...it launched for free.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-31-2012, 12:30 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
No reason to feel bad seeing this go free...it launched for free.
You're right. Forgot about that. I've bought a few IAPs to support the dev, but didn't remember that it was released as free.

Oh well, still no reason why any shump fan shouldn't pick this up.
07-31-2012, 02:30 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
A little sad to see this, but it's a must have for shump fans. Although Cave may be the king of shumps in general on the AppStore, I think I've actually had more fun playing this one lately.

IAPs are not necessary, but admittedly can help.

EDIT: Sorry for misspeaking. It was originally free before it went to paid. But it's great either way!
This for me too.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
07-31-2012, 02:32 PM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
You're right. Forgot about that. I've bought a few IAPs to support the dev, but didn't remember that it was released as free.

Oh well, still no reason why any shump fan shouldn't pick this up.
Yeah, it was free when it was released. I was shocked that such a great game was free, only thing at that time, it had ads. But they have taken the ads out as part of the last update.

I totally recommend this and major mayhem. While both have inapps, both games are great even without them. This has to be one of my favorite underdog shmups, and the best thing about the game is the really small disk size! Less than 40 mbs from what I remember.

Get this great game quick!
08-28-2012, 10:17 AM
#7
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Free again. Can't say enough about how enjoyable of a shump this is.
08-28-2012, 10:23 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The Kᴉll Switch
Posts: 7,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Free again. Can't say enough about how enjoyable of a shump this is.
Yep, I love the little Star Wars homages! Recommended!
08-28-2012, 10:26 AM
#9
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 748
I recommend it too, great fun. Probably only behind Phoenix HD as my favorite original iOS shmup ( original as in not a console port, dont know if this is on other platforms!).

Bought some iap too as I got it for free at launch, but as the others said its not necessary at all, just a way to show some love and get upgraded fast.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
08-28-2012, 10:54 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,409
All the recommends! Gotta see how this plays.

Add: After only 1st level played: I'm hooked!
.......going back for more.

Last edited by Coldar; 08-28-2012 at 11:03 AM.