Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Trainz Driver - Power in your Pocket!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 4.x

Downloaded on my HTC Desire HD today. The new menu system is very cool and the arcade sessions are pretty fun. I noticed there's an "Extra Content" option in the menu... What have you got planned for that?

Also, does it run better on android or iOS? I have a 4S as well and it might be better for train rides etc.

Last edited by Chester226; 07-31-2012 at 11:56 PM..
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I was a big fan of Trainz on PC so its pretty cool to be able to play it on my phone now too. Can I make my own routes for this as well? I really want to make one based on the Peterborough section of the East Coast Main Line.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:39 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
Hello.

What are the benefits of paying the extra money for a game which looks nearly the same as the other iPad trainz game based on the screenshots and video alone, plus the obvious few extra UI things?

trainz was an instant buy for me but I do have some caution on this one because it looks to be extremely simillar if not identical in some ways.

Is the gameplay different enough to actually buy this as a different app alongside, rather than waiting for another patch to the main game?

This is not a negative comment, just a curious one as I would rather not pay twice for the same thing.
I suppose the benefit would be to be able to play on a more mobile device; or, for someone like me who doesn't have an iPad, to be able to play it at all.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Oh my goodness! Is this as good as it looks in the video?
Anyone played "densha de go" on psp that's the only train sim I've really played a lot, is this anything like that.
Any impressions appreciated as this looks like a purchase for me.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 AM

Been waiting to get this for the iPhone, so it is always handy. It is vey well done and I really like the controls.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
Hello.

What are the benefits of paying the extra money for a game which looks nearly the same as the other iPad trainz game based on the screenshots and video alone, plus the obvious few extra UI things?
Hi Visionwebs,

First off, Trainz Driver is highly optimized for mobiles, because of this its available on over 700 (iOS & Android) devices now. The UI has been greatly improved, allowing much simpler controls and ease of use. You'll also find brand new tutorial sessions, and arcade sessions which are currently not on any other version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester226 View Post
Downloaded on my HTC Desire HD today. The new menu system is very cool and the arcade sessions are pretty fun. I noticed there's an "Extra Content" option in the menu... What have you got planned for that?
Hi Chester,

One of the biggest differences with Trainz Driver is that Surveyor isn't included. Instead, there's Extra Content, similar to Trainz on PC's content manager, that lets you share and experience content developed by other users, providing both free and paid content. So for example, you could build a route on your iPad version of Trainz, share it with the world, then download it onto your iPhone version of Trainz Driver and show it off to people, taking it wherever you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
Been waiting to get this for the iPhone, so it is always handy. It is vey well done and I really like the controls.

Thanks! We tried really hard and spent a lot of time working on the controls to get them just right. They needed to be simple to understand, but still provide that train driving experience.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:34 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I have created an Auron account but I haven't received an activation e-mail. I have tried the "resend activation e-mail" but it doesn't help. Anyone else with this problem?

Is it only me who can't find the "Download Station" in the game? I don't see any user-created routes in the game either.

Besides that it's a very good game. So glad that this came out.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Thats very odd that you havent received a confirmation email.

If you submit a support ticket via here: http://support.auran.com/ our helpdesk team will be able to sort out any issues you might be having.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3VGames View Post
Thats very odd that you havent received a confirmation email.

If you submit a support ticket via here: http://support.auran.com/ our helpdesk team will be able to sort out any issues you might be having.
Thanks for the reply. I have sent an e-mail to auransupport@auran.com