Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well I don't know where to start, I've got all the gamebook series so you could say I'm a fan of the genre.
And while I love especially books 1-7 (wasn't to big a fan of the sci-fi book 8 if I'm being honest)
This new judge dredd book is brilliant, its got the usual high quality feel that all of tin man games gamebooks have with great art, music and dice battles etc.
But there's something about this that I'm really enjoying, even though I know it's the same dice roll, choose your own adventure style book it really feels like a whole new type of game with the capturing/killing perps and attending crimes.

As always I'm playing on hardcore setting as I like to replay the gamebook over and over rather than walk through and see everything in one go. In fact it's the not seeing the end that keeps me trying again and again.

So overall my opinion is if your a fan of the gamebook series or judge dredd then this is a no brainer, just get it and see, it's great.
And if you've never read a gamebook before..... What have you been doing? Catch up and read some. There brilliant.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:54 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 4.x

What's the uncompressed size?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfong View Post
What's the uncompressed size?
115meg
Old 08-01-2012, 09:43 PM

I'd like to buy this. Never played a digital play book on iOS. I can see it's a universal app, but does anybody know if game saves transfer to other devices through iCloud? I'm guessing no since it's not in app description
Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 PM
iPad

Hey DrLoony,

At the moment we don't have iCloud support. It is one of those things that is at the top of my list but with only two guys in the company, sometimes these things take wayy longer than I want them to :-)

We have two more books coming out this month with a few more following on in the next month, so it is going to be very busy but I hope I can get some iCloudyness in there soon!

Cheers!
-Ben
Old 08-01-2012, 11:01 PM

That's eneough to push me over the fence. I can't even get iCloud working on my Mac so I can understand. I'm looking forward to playing this and hope the game books you guys make in the future will also be as cool as Judge Dread looks.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Well I haven't missed a book in their releases yet and with the use of the Megacity one/Judge Dredd universe to boot, I am sold. Buying now, impressions later!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:34 AM

Judge Dredd is one of my favourite characters, and I have loved game books since the early days of Lone Wolf (bought and loved around 20 of them).
Therefore this is an instant purchase. If I enjoy this format, consider me a permanent customer. I don't know if you have the rights to Joe Dever's works, but if you do you can have all my money.
Saving between platforms (iPhone and iPad) would be appreciated.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Real like this adaption. I have not played any previous books by this company but I could not resist the Judge Dredd setting, and have been pleasantly surprised. The art work is great ,adding to the story, but what espically made it for me is the small touchs like Dredds voice when you make a roll successful dice roll. I have previously played all the Fighting Fantasty adaption on the iPad which are really "clunky" in comparison to this (although I still enjoyed them, even it was for more nostalgic reasons). Everything runs smooth, and looks thoroughly professional.

Story wise ,the brutal fascist nature of the world is portrayed well. I cant comment on the lenght of the book so far as i am still playing through my first time.All in all I think any "Dredd fan" will througly enjoy this, and even those not familer with the background should find plenty to satisfy them.

If I would make a suggestion, it would be to add a few more (optional) incidental sound effects , ( e.g. background chatter in crowded areas etc) but I only thought of this because of the use of voice already in the game, it would not of occurred to me otherwise.

Great work dev team,I look forward to further books in the series.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:22 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Not even sure what Judge Dredd is, but I will buy this. Looks fantastic.