App description: * Legendary game - Board Game of The Year 1989 Germany, over one million sold *
* Five Star rating by customers in iTunes Germany - the motherland of the board game - thousands sold *
* Midlifegamer.net: "An excellent purchase for fans of strategy board games" (8/10) *
* Geeks with Juniors: "An excellent way to experience a classic board game with friends and family." *
* AppZapp: "The app completely captures all the fun that the board game offered." (5/5) *
* AppTudes: "A great addition to any family's digital board game collection." (4/5) *
* Boardgamegeek.com: "Café International on iOS is a great way to experience this classic 'Spiel des Jahres' winner." (3/4)

* guten-app-etit.de: "Café International: for us currently the best (family) game for iOS" *

The legendary game (Board Game of The Year 1989 Germany, over one million sold) is back, a fun and challenging strategic board game for iPhone and iPad!

Using the officially licensed caricatures from the original board game, you'll find that not every guest wants to sit next to each other in Café International. So it's up to you to keep everyone happy, by seating them at the right tables, according to their nationality and gender to score maximum points.

Every puzzle fan will simply love Café International! Although the rules are straightforward and the game is easy to play, it's sure to challenge even the most strategically gifted minds. To be awarded maximum points, you'll need to clear as many tables as possible by really thinking about where to seat your randomly chosen guest cards...

Café International is packed with endless fun - it's the perfect way to test your strategic might against friends, family and colleagues!

Strategically place international guests at tables to earn points
Optimized graphics for new iPad and iPhone 5 with full Retina support
Quick tutorial for an easy start
Help function for when you need visual clues
Choose from Multiplayer, Solitaire, Classic or Time Game
Add up to four players in Classic mode
Challenge against up to 3 computer opponents each with 3 levels of skill
Play friends, family and meet new people around the world through turn-based online gaming (asynchronous multiplayer) via Gamecenter (iOS 5 or newer)
Game Center integration for worldwide high score and achievements

For an optimal adaptation to your iPad or iPhone, we blended the most popular rules of the boardgame and the cardgame to a great new playing experience. With a medium-sized and variable floorplan, this version offers not only the best possible overview about the available tables, but also revives all the well-known elements of the boardgame, like the bar and the Jokers.

Mythbuster's comments:
The German "Game of the Year 1989" now for iOs

08-14-2012, 12:22 AM
I like this game because it is full of fun. It is easy to play and understand.
08-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianchi View Post
Quick question to Rombos: Do you have plans for an Undo? I play on an iPhone and because everything is tiny I occasionally drop a card in a wrong place.
Hi,

I think I answered that somewhere before already. I am right now implementing UNDO. You will have a very limited number of moves that you can take back per game, though (otherwise it won't be much fun if you could take back each and every move, so it's kind of a Joker you need to use wisely...)
We probably will do another smaller update before we launch the big online multiplayer update, because we have some additional fixes, the UNDO stuff, more languages and other small enhancements in the works right now.

Regards, rombos

Checkout Dash Race and Café International on the AppStore
or visit the Rombos homepage for more infomation!

08-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombos View Post
Hi,

I think I answered that somewhere before already. I am right now implementing UNDO. You will have a very limited number of moves that you can take back per game, though (otherwise it won't be much fun if you could take back each and every move, so it's kind of a Joker you need to use wisely...)
We probably will do another smaller update before we launch the big online multiplayer update, because we have some additional fixes, the UNDO stuff, more languages and other small enhancements in the works right now.

Regards, rombos
Please consider to add bluetooth/wifi multiplayer and pass&play multiplayer (apart from online multiplayer). And also, if possible, to be able to edit all players' names (it's more fun!).

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post
Please consider to add bluetooth/wifi multiplayer and pass&play multiplayer (apart from online multiplayer). And also, if possible, to be able to edit all players' names (it's more fun!).
I like the idea of editing the computer player names. That sounds like a low hanging fruit

What do you mean with pass&play -- beyond what you have now already?

I won't promise bluetooth/WiFi for the first multiplayer release, but it definitely makes sense to keep it on the radar...

09-05-2012, 07:17 AM
The new version 1.2 of Café International is available now. Multiplayer is not ready yet, but we included an undo-feature (once per game) and new localizations, like French, Spanish and Japanese. Moreover we tweaked the game and fixed some bugs.

You find more information on the new version in the App Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cafe-international/id526073166?mt=8

We are always open to new ideas, functions or tweaks - just post here. Every post will be read

Application Systems is a premier distributor and publisher of a great range of Mac, PC and iOS software and games.

Visit us: [url]www.application-systems.co.uk[/url]

Last edited by Application Systems; 09-05-2012 at 07:25 AM.
10-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Are there any news on the promised online multiplayer? I think the developer stated that it will be available this fall...
10-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Application Systems View Post

We are always open to new ideas, functions or tweaks - just post here. Every post will be read
I have an idea: Halloween sale!

Heavy Devil is my latest game, check it out! AppStore GooglePlay
10-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyska View Post
Are there any news on the promised online multiplayer? I think the developer stated that it will be available this fall...
I am busy working on that. It's actually completed about I would say 99%
I am myself definitely playing too much right now with all the testers (rather than to continue coding), because it's really incredible fun to do that online.
Stay tuned, you won't be disappointed! I think we release it around second half of November.

10-28-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombos View Post
I am busy working on that. It's actually completed about I would say 99%
I am myself definitely playing too much right now with all the testers (rather than to continue coding), because it's really incredible fun to do that online.
Stay tuned, you won't be disappointed! I think we release it around second half of November.
Ok, sounds cool

Any news on new content in the upcoming version?
10-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyska View Post
Any news on new content in the upcoming version?
The Online-stuff is quite a big upgrade (in terms of additional fun ), so we won't (and can't w/o delaying the release past Christmas ) put everything in we still have on the radar, but amongst other stuff there will be of course dedicated iPhone 5 support, and an option to have the board rotate towards the current player if you want to sit around an iPad at table for a local multiplayer game.