Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-01-2012, 05:57 AM

Default blind buy

I dont normal buy blind when it comes to game on my iphone i normal have a look on this very site first. But i thought what the hell im downloading as i write this....taking a long time too I let you know what i think soon sadly i cant bring you game play as i dont have the set up or the know how like Saknu (think thats how i spell it)
Old 08-01-2012, 05:57 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I'll give this a try, since it's not by Gameloft
Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 AM

I managed to download it. Will try to post impressions later this morning.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbridge View Post
It gives me the option to buy but I'm gonna wait for impressions. I heard the beta was a bit buggy. Anybody want to try first. Lol
Beta wasn't buggy for me on my ipad2....

This is a GREAT smash em up superhero game with a nice array of characters and enemies of the DC universe...rpg upgrade system was great...graphics....great.....gameplay ......great......the first move when u start a level lags for a quick millisecond ...and then it's all kick ass time...loved all the powerup moves and controls were spot on for me as far as Vstick and button placement...as well as timing.....

Call yourself a comic/superhero fan....still haven't smashed the buy button?...SHAME ON U...go sit in the corner and play tiny wings

Last edited by Trev1; 08-01-2012 at 06:16 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 06:35 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

Back on topic, I went ahead and bought it. After playing the first level with Superman, I have to say the good outweighs the bad. Graphically, this game is gorgeous even on an iPod Touch; it's not Mass Effect quality, but it's still very crisp. Gameplay-wise, my main problems were the fact that the game lends itself to the button-mashing of the attack button due to the fact that the blue energy needed for special attacks runs out rather quickly. Other than that, the gameplay is very resembling of the classic X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, which is a great model to follow. I also have to point out that my device crashed during the first cutscene, so I'll have to ser further along if that was a rare occourence or a more serious issue...

Last edited by backtothis; 08-01-2012 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Took out jailbreaking comment
Old 08-01-2012, 06:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Any way i cant wait to play this later

Last edited by backtothis; 08-01-2012 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: Took out comments about jb
Old 08-01-2012, 06:50 AM

Default please can i turn the music off and....

The first thing thats getting on my nerves is the music in the game, i want to turn it off and not have to listen to the same music over and over again there is NO option too well there is but that turns EVERYTHING off. Second is the way the camera tracks your superhero at times i had the camera move down to ground floor level then in the next "fight area" it move back up in the air..
WHY?????

Also the lack of help, it seems that was afterthought which is a couple of screens as yet i not worked out how to use the support cards.

I play some more but at present my high hopes of being a great superhero game are fading
Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

For the record, I don't have a jail broken IPod and it still won't let me install it.

Last edited by backtothis; 08-01-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Old 08-01-2012, 06:56 AM

Is there IAP in this game or do those screen shots that contain a 'buy' button simply allow you to buy 'cards' with in-game earnt currency?

If IAP currency then count me out!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:04 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Does anyone know how much the game takes place once it's installed?Thanks