Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I hope the camera issue is not game breaking. Can any one else can post some gameplay impressions?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Get this running on a jailbroken device

For those who are jailbroken I have found a tweak on cydia that lets you run this. It's called xcon.

Last edited by Danz060391; 08-01-2012 at 07:19 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezman View Post
does anyone know how much the game takes place once it's installed?thanks
411 mb.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 AM

I was rlt looking forward to this game but such a quiet release doesn't bode well. I'll see what the reviews say before I pull the trigger.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Seems to me after reading the app description's very poor English and all the problems that users are experiencing that this might not be an officially endorsed app?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:43 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Anyway, I saw this game at the top of Appshopper and immediately smelled something fishy. IF it was pulled, I'm betting the devs haven't acquired the license to use Justice League, or been hired by the rights' holders to develop a game on their behalf. There are typos in the description and it's from an unknown (Korean) publisher. I'm not sure who holds the IP and possible copyright claims to the various characters since I'm not a comic fan, but I DO KNOW that some of these characters have made a LOT of money for multiple parties.

I'm sure it would cost a fortune to license these characters (for good reason, look at the people jumping to buy this based simply on who's in it).

If the game was contracted out by the owners of the ip involved, I just don't see it going to some random Korean company with no noticeable Pre release publicity. And I guarantee the description would sound like it was written by a native English speaker, not a really rough translation.

Last edited by backtothis; 08-01-2012 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Took out jb comments
Old 08-01-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Jail breaking isn't illegal. I would point you to the relevant exemption (it hasn't been permantly resolved; IIRC it revolves around an issue of intent in the DMCA), but I'm sure you're a big boy who can do some learnin' without hurting your head too much. Even if it wasn't legal, I follow my own damn rules with what I own, and still hold dear the seemingly forgotten legal concept of fair intent (see Sony vs someone regarding Betamax). The DMCA was mostly written by lobbyists anyway, it's a bill filled with corporate bought excrement.

Anyway, I saw this game at the top of Appshopper and immediately smelled something fishy. IF it was pulled, I'm betting the devs haven't acquired the license to use Justice League, or been hired by the rights' holders to develop a game on their behalf. There are typos in the description and it's from an unknown (Korean) publisher. I'm not sure who holds the IP and possible copyright claims to the various characters since I'm not a comic fan, but I DO KNOW that some of these characters have made a LOT of money for multiple parties.

I'm sure it would cost a fortune to license these characters (for good reason, look at the people jumping to buy this based simply on who's in it).

If the game was contracted out by the owners of the ip involved, I just don't see it going to some random Korean company with no noticeable Pre release publicity. And I guarantee the description would sound like it was written by a native English speaker, not a really rough translation.
The game is being published by WB Games and DC Comics and is totally legit.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

In any case, early impressions aren't sounding good so far...

Last edited by backtothis; 08-01-2012 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Took out jb comments
Old 08-01-2012, 07:56 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendidham View Post
Seems to me after reading the app description's very poor English and all the problems that users are experiencing that this might not be an officially endorsed app?
This is an official app. DC advertised this on their Facebook page, and many news sites have previewed the game, so it is official. However, you are not far off in your suspicions. Not only is the English in the description terrible, but the only way I could access the game's iTunes page in my country was via the direct link available in the first post. Searching for "Justice League" came up with nothing, not even after going to the dev's page. A very sloppy affair, indeed...

By the way, if you're not a fan of IAP, steer clear. There's in-game currency that you earn very slowly (50 each level in Easy. Might be more in other difficulty levels, though. I'll have to check) that can be used to unlock GL, Flash and alternate costumes and upgrade cards.
If you are interested in the game, either buy it during this 7-day sale or wait to see if it gets even cheaper, because it's not worth 5$ (mainly because of all the limitations it imposes if you're not willing to drink the IAP kool-aid).
Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
This is an official app. DC advertised this on their Facebook page, and many news sites have previewed the game, so it is official. However, you are not far off in your suspicions. Not only is the English in the description terrible, but the only way I could access the game's iTunes page in my country was via the direct link available in the first post. Searching for "Justice League" came up with nothing, not even after going to the dev's page. A very sloppy affair, indeed...

By the way, if you're not a fan of IAP, steer clear. There's in-game currency that you earn very slowly (50 each level in Easy. Might be more in other difficulty levels, though. I'll have to check) that can be used to unlock GL, Flash and alternate costumes and upgrade cards.
If you are interested in the game, either buy it during this 7-day sale or wait to see if it gets even cheaper, because it's not worth 5$ (mainly because of all the limitations it imposes if you're not willing to drink the IAP kool-aid).
Can't really blame a publisher because the App Store (run by Apple) hasn't propagated their app name for searches...

The English in the game itself is perfectly serviceable. As to the role of IAPs, it's not quite clear yet whether they are necessary - we'll see. My main concern is whether the action will get repetitive. The combat has the simplicity of a KRPG, but without all the loot, crafting etc. I'm hoping that the missions go beyond "beat everyone on sight." Otherwise this is a decent brawler with cool, familiar characters, with a level of polish that seems north of typical Gameloft.