★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Trigger Fist (by Lake Effect Applications)

08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Trigger Fist (by Lake Effect Applications)

Hey guys,
caught wind of this game a few days back.

It's submitted to Apple and currently awaiting approval. It's built on Unity so it looks very good.

And the capture the goat mode just looks very funny.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Link to their Facebook for more info on the game.
http://www.facebook.com/triggerfist

Link to developers Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/LakeEffectApps

Link to the touch arcade front page article
http://toucharcade.com/2012/07/31/up...ou-wear-goats/

Link to Pocketgamer article
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=43654

I'm very intrigued by it (personally not associated with the developer) but it does have the look of being very entertaining and a whole of fun.

The game will have more modes and depth to it. More info will be forthcoming from the developer pretty soon.

Last edited by Rip73; 08-02-2012 at 04:51 AM.
08-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Eric Rall from Lake Effect Applications and I am one of the developers on Trigger Fist.

We haven't released a lot of info about the game yet so I'll be here to give you guys the inside scoop and answer questions.

Thank you Rip73 for starting this thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	triggerfist1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	45704  

Last edited by lakeeffect; 08-01-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: thread not post

08-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeeffect View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Eric Rall from Lake Effect Applications and I am one of the developers on Trigger Fist.

We haven't released a lot of info about the game yet so I'll be here to give you guys the inside scoop and answer questions.

No prob Eric. Can't help but be amused by the trailer every time I see it so had to get some word out there about it.
Plus I love my shooters anyway but a capture the goat as opposed to the flag is simply ingenious. Can't wait to see the rest of it.
You gotta love the creativity of independent developers.
08-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeeffect View Post

Hey Eric, game looks like its gonna be a blast! A few questions, is it only online? When is it expected to be released? And how does it control? Thanks!
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decoy_octopu5 View Post
Hey Eric, game looks like its gonna be a blast! A few questions, is it only online? When is it expected to be released? And how does it control? Thanks!
The game has been submitted to apple already, so it's just pending approval. That time can vary quite a bit with the App store so it's kinda wait and see.
There isn't much more details about the controls and such yet but it has more modes than just capture the goat.
I'm sure there will be more details come from Eric once the game is closer to launch.
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
For those of us in the PlayStation Vita thread this kind of looks like unit 13
08-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltrabbit View Post
For those of us in the PlayStation Vita thread this kind of looks like unit 13
Well, I have unit 13 as well but the only similarity I see is military shooter in a desert setting. Something you could say about any shooter ranging from mc3 to battlefield series to modern warfare series to just about any modern shooter on any platform. And their both third person perspectives.
This looks different enough to me to be more interesting than the standard stuff.

Last edited by Rip73; 08-01-2012 at 04:32 PM.
08-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Honestly it looks kind of like old school SOCOM the characters (minus the goat) and the 3rd person perspective at least do it for me. Can't wait for it to drop tho instant purchase
08-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Any game with goats gets my money.
08-01-2012, 05:01 PM
The SOCOM guys made Unit 13 btw. SOCOM does seem a better comparison as this looks more team based.