Send a message via Skype™ to oxyman1974
Default Monster Trouble Anniversary Edition has been re-published by NuOxygen

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-trouble-anniversary/id541095073?mt=8
With Mount Evil level now free.

Monster Trouble Anniversary Edition

www.nuoxygen.com
Old 08-03-2012, 11:34 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

So is there anything different about this version over the one I already have that was removed from the AppStore with no reason other than the word "Anniversary Edition" added to the title? I still have that one (like all my digital content) backed up and I am not seeing any difference in these versions other than a title change. I would assume "Anniversary Edition" would mean some modest amount of content were added in celebration of the seperate rerelease, but I am not seeing any difference here or noting any mentioned in the description...

Not griping, just truly wondering if this is a version I should rebuy for some added content (because I did enjoy the game) or is this just a bait and switch AppStore rename for the purpose of clearing out previous owners to create resales? Is there anything different in this version to justify the removal of the other game from the AppStore, the release of this Anniversary Edition or a reason for me to repurchase this game for $3.99?
Old 08-04-2012, 06:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Sick of devs doing this TBH
Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default No money ripping. Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
the only reason is to rip more money out of your pocket, said owner of both version since launch day
The game has been re-published by NuOxygen a new ios game publisher that bought the rights from Magic Dream Games. If you where one of those fans who bought the game , we thank you very much.
The difference is that the "new version" has a free survival level , the descriptions are the same so there is nothing really new. The Anniversary Edition will be supported by NuOxygen while the Old edition does not exist on the cloud.

If you bought the original version and you want the new one we will give you a promo code to download the game.

Last but not least, for a game like Monster Trouble HD,getting it free (like 200K players) or at 2.99$ it's a shame for 6 full time working months of 6 persons, for a game that was selected by Apple as game of the week.
Don't you think so ?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Francesco Mattioli
NuOxygen Marketing
Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Thanks for clearing that up and I would suggest that that be added to the selling points in the app description (*NEW* Survival level added for this release!") or something to clarify that to customers, both new and old. I actually did go to the site and even then it is only mentioned as an aside. A selling point is a selling point, and even placing it on the description that the app will be supported with future updates is a good idea if that is the business model plan for this app. The sad truth is that most people are never going to touch the developer website. Most will just eye the description and see if it is worth their time. Putting some of that info as bullets in the app description goes a long way toward swaying a sale on your side... Just saying...

What other plans do the devs have for the game? Are they planning to support it with updates? If the plans sound significant or interesting enough, I wouldn't mind repurchasing the game for the potential promise of future content!

I am not questioning your marketing, but when you copy and paste a description, copy and paste a game (and I know they are working on it, I don't intend that to sound rude or disrespectful), some will take notice. It's named "Aniversary Edition" for a reason, I assume. Highlight those reasons why and tell us what that means for the present and future of this app, in the app description and otherwise. Excite me about this game! I am more than willing to spend money if something interests me enough.

... Also, I am sure no one was asking for codes or suggesting it. That was never my intention at least. Again, my intention was to discover the nature of this rerelease. If was different or if it is going to actually be supported, then I have no qualms repurchasing a game for added features (heck, I've done so before). I wanted to know if this was a proper rerelease for a reason or an attempt at fleecing is all. Obviously, with new ownership this is not the case, but I honestly could not remember who the developer was anyway so it was never a consideration for me.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:14 PM
iPad mini 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyman1974 View Post
The game has been re-published by NuOxygen a new ios game publisher that bought the rights from Magic Dream Games. If you where one of those fans who bought the game , we thank you very much.
The difference is that the "new version" has a free survival level , the descriptions are the same so there is nothing really new. The Anniversary Edition will be supported by NuOxygen while the Old edition does not exist on the cloud.

If you bought the original version and you want the new one we will give you a promo code to download the game.

Last but not least, for a game like Monster Trouble HD,getting it free (like 200K players) or at 2.99$ it's a shame for 6 full time working months of 6 persons, for a game that was selected by Apple as game of the week.
Don't you think so ?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Francesco Mattioli
NuOxygen Marketing

Amazing answer. Thanks. And thanks for a fun game. Guess I'll buy this.. again then.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Ok, so how can I prove I have the existing version?

Screenshot of icon on home page?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

robiow, we trust you.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:34 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default That's for your feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Thanks for clearing that up and I would suggest that that be added to the selling points in the app description (*NEW* Survival level added for this release!") or something to clarify that to customers, both new and old. I actually did go to the site and even then it is only mentioned as an aside. A selling point is a selling point, and even placing it on the description that the app will be supported with future updates is a good idea if that is the business model plan for this app. The sad truth is that most people are never going to touch the developer website. Most will just eye the description and see if it is worth their time. Putting some of that info as bullets in the app description goes a long way toward swaying a sale on your side... Just saying...

What other plans do the devs have for the game? Are they planning to support it with updates? If the plans sound significant or interesting enough, I wouldn't mind repurchasing the game for the potential promise of future content!

I am not questioning your marketing, but when you copy and paste a description, copy and paste a game (and I know they are working on it, I don't intend that to sound rude or disrespectful), some will take notice. It's named "Aniversary Edition" for a reason, I assume. Highlight those reasons why and tell us what that means for the present and future of this app, in the app description and otherwise. Excite me about this game! I am more than willing to spend money if something interests me enough.

... Also, I am sure no one was asking for codes or suggesting it. That was never my intention at least. Again, my intention was to discover the nature of this rerelease. If was different or if it is going to actually be supported, then I have no qualms repurchasing a game for added features (heck, I've done so before). I wanted to know if this was a proper rerelease for a reason or an attempt at fleecing is all. Obviously, with new ownership this is not the case, but I honestly could not remember who the developer was anyway so it was never a consideration for me.
We have read your feedback and found it useful. I personally wrote down all the points you suggested and will implement them into the game description on itunes. It's not easy to understand the customer's point of view, or to find the right message , that's why we are writing on this forum. Thanks again and we hope to here your point of view after we have modified the game description.
Best
Old 08-08-2012, 05:50 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

The new description will be available in minutes. Thanks for the feedback.