★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
I hope they will bring the expansion, too!

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
08-05-2012, 12:26 PM
From what I've read of the game so far it seems like it has almost zero player interaction outside of role selection, and even that is barely player interaction. Async shoul have been easy to implement for this. I'll pick this game up the minute it gets async.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins

08-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Is this developed by Sage Games, or did Ravensburger do it themselves?
08-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Is this developed by Sage Games, or did Ravensburger do it themselves?
I don't think this was Sage games, no ELO system as all of their others have featured.

Ravensburger have a few developers under their belt so not sure who was behind it.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Ah, thanks. I may splurge for this. I wish it had local bluetooth multiplayer, but maybe that will come later?
08-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Ah, thanks. I may splurge for this. I wish it had local bluetooth multiplayer, but maybe that will come later?
I know I really like it. A streamlined take on Puerto Rico with a bit more randomness (you can't really stick to an optimized build path as you might in Puerto Rico since you never know which blueprints you'll have to choose from) but still buckets of depth.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I played one game and it's fun. I like it. However I really wish you could zoom in on the cards more on an iPhone or otherwise they made the text larger. Sooo tiny. I'll stick to playing this on the iPad at least until I know all the cards well.

For the most part this has a nice interface. The only thing I didn't like was how to get info on roles you have to double tap the small roll icons - you can't double tap the big ones, though perhaps that would be problematic anyway. Not sure.
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
I played one game and it's fun. I like it. However I really wish you could zoom in on the cards more on an iPhone or otherwise they made the text larger. Sooo tiny. I'll stick to playing this on the iPad at least until I know all the cards well.

Crunc is exactly right about this. This has to be near the top of their list (behind async) in terms of future updates. Unless you have the cards memorized (and even then they are hard to see), it makes the game very difficult to play on the Iphone.

Current Favorites: Lords of Waterdeep, Ascension, Cafe International, Lost Cities, and Agricola.

GameCenter ID: cprloe
09-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Update V 1.1 is live!

Yesterday we've relesed a update (V 1.1) with the following new features/bugfixes:

New Features as requested by our fans:

- Adjustable animation speed via option/pause menue in game
- App remembers the setup of previous game session as default
- Single tap displays detailed, zoomed view of cards including roles instead of double tap
- Game Center avatar used for players' images

Bugfixes:

- Result screen displayed insantly with no animations after the table had been revisited
- Continuing a session does not result in a loss of role cards anymore
- Black market goods displayed correctly in case there is only a single hand card left
- Timing of tutorial popups fixed

Have fun!

Ravensburger Digital
Actual lineup: Scotland Yard, The aMAZEing Labyrinth, Puerto Rico, THINK, etc.
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Facebook
09-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Soundtrack now available!

If you like the soundtrack of San Juan as much as we do, then head over to

San Juan OST on iTunes

or

San Juan OST on bandcamp

and enjoy the enhanced soundtrack.

Ravensburger Digital
Actual lineup: Scotland Yard, The aMAZEing Labyrinth, Puerto Rico, THINK, etc.
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Facebook