App description: "App Store Best of 2012" Award
17th highest reviewed iOS game of 2012 (source - Metacritic)

4/4 - Must Have - Alien Breed is a throwback to simpler times that works just as well today as it did back on the Amiga-- possibly even better." - Slide to Play

4.5/5 Stars - Un-Missable - No matter what you do, dont miss out on Alien Breed. TouchGen

5/5 - "An excellent shooter complete with genuine moments of tension that keep you coming back for more." - App Spy

4.5/5 Stars - "Great gameplay, tastefully updated for the modern day." - Modojo

90% - "This is a brilliant conversion that has obviously had a lot of thought and care put into it, with some excellent extras and an impressive amount of content." - The Smartphone App Review

4.5/5 Stars - "The option to change mode to an enhanced version was an excellent idea! The graphics of the game truly stood out and it was a joy to play Alien Breed! Indeed, the developer has retained the appeal of the original Amiga game." - iPad World

The original Alien Breed is back in action, celebrating its 21st Anniversary!

Alien Breed is the classic sci-fi, top-down shooter developed by Team17. Launching originally in 1991, Alien Breed has now been remade for iOS, which can only mean one thing its time to turn down the lights, turn up the sounds and encounter Alien Breed again!

Features:
* Classic Mode Play using the original graphics, music and controls.
* Enhanced Mode Featuring enhanced graphics, audio and controls.
* 4 New Levels entirely new levels that intersect with the original Alien Breed story
* 6 original Alien Breed levels
* 12 Alien Breed Special Edition levels
* iCloud
* Game Center leaderboards and achievements
* Retina Display
* Gametel and iCade support

Echoseven's comments:

08-01-2012, 05:18 PM
While I do own the complete Franchise on Steam I`ll pass on the iOS Version. Sorry to say but at the current Price Tag I dont see any Reason why someone should buy it...

08-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Didn't the TA preview say this had IAPs? $4.99 plus IAPs? Yeah frickin' right.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Didn't the TA preview say this had IAPs? $4.99 plus IAPs? Yeah frickin' right.
They also mention in the preview that iAP seemed to be optional, as there were currency to be found plenty of places in the game:
http://toucharcade.com/2012/07/20/an...-from-team-17/

If iAP is optional and only useful if you're impatient, it's ok with me...

I've never played the original, so I'm gonna take a chance on this one.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Cool didnt realise this was due

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
08-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
While I do own the complete Franchise on Steam I`ll pass on the iOS Version. Sorry to say but at the current Price Tag I dont see any Reason why someone should buy it...
Yeah, at best it'll get added to my tracking list for when it goes on sale for $.99. If it never does, I don't really care. There's so much else to play in the meantime.
08-01-2012, 08:34 PM
I always thought his game was highly overrated at the time of initial release. Not sure what (if anything) they've added to this version, but if the gameplay remains the same I doubt it will play any better 20+ years later. First time I looked at a price of a game on iOS and actually felt like laughing out loud. IAP as well you say? Unreal.
08-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm getting this, for nostalgia's sake. I agree price could be a tad lower since they have IAPs.
08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Aren't the graphics in the original style? It looks like they were bumped down a bit to play on iOS. Maybe the screenshots are just the original version. Still the game looks interesting. Will keep my eye on this one.
08-01-2012, 11:12 PM
I picked this up and mixed feelings on it. I find the screen to be a little jerky at times and some on ground items stop you while others don't.

I like the theme and and controls but wish it was smoother. The iap stuff seems pretty optional.