Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 PM

Default Infinity Project 2 by Crazy Robot

I'm on my iPhone so I can't do screenshots and description, but here's the NZ link:

Crazy Robot is having a $.99 sale until August 5th. I beta tested this and have been a big supporter of the devs for a long time, so I won't bore you with my biased (but correct ) opinion. At $.99 though, this is a ridiculous bargain for anyone who loved the first game or is willing to give a rather old school FPS a chance.

Last edited by Echoseven; 08-02-2012 at 07:22 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

What if I didn't like the first game at all? I still remember when you were saying it was a better game than the original NOVA (Gameloft) when they came out at the same time years back. Does this do anything different from the original game for fans of modern FPS? But yes, what a killer price for such a big package.

Last edited by backtothis; 08-01-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Old 08-01-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
What if I didn't like the first game at all? I still remember when you were saying it was a better game than the original NOVA (Gameloft) when they came out at the same time years back. Does this do anything different from the original game for fans of modern FPS? But yes, what a killer price for such a big package.

I still hold to that opinion, but I personally prefer old school (i.e Half Life) shooter over Halo-clones.

That said, this is a much bigger game than the original, in some ways much more polished. The first half of the game has a City 17 vibe to it, and the design is more open and expansive. The second half feels more like Half-Life 1, with a fairly linear structure involving shooting, simple platforming, and a variety of tasks. The graphics are not going to compete with the Shadowguns and Dead Triggers, but they're not bad either (though they might come across as a generic to some folks). The controls are customizable and work well. To their credit, the devs have built a lot of variety to the gameplay, and they've put the effort to deliver a full package.

Again, I am biased here, but for .99 it's hard to go wrong.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 8.x

Agh, I need to buy other iTunes card ASAP. Anyway, just bought this, and so far... I don't like the icon
Old 08-01-2012, 08:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

How's the gameplay?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:21 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I still hold to that opinion, but I personally prefer old school (i.e Half Life) shooter over Halo-clones.

That said, this is a much bigger game than the original, in some ways much more polished. The first half of the game has a City 17 vibe to it, and the design is more open and expansive. The second half feels more like Half-Life 1, with a fairly linear structure involving shooting, simple platforming, and a variety of tasks. The graphics are not going to compete with the Shadowguns and Dead Triggers, but they're not bad either (though they might come across as a generic to some folks). The controls are customizable and work well. To their credit, the devs have built a lot of variety to the gameplay, and they've put the effort to deliver a full package.

Again, I am biased here, but for .99 it's hard to go wrong.
Sounds good to me. Plus, there's multiplayer along with a bunch of other features included. Should be fun.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:52 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

squarezero saves the day!

Just when I gave up on this Wednesday's iOS releases...BOOM one of my all-time favorite 'iOS classic's' (what I would consider in AppStore history ) finally drops the sequel. All I can say...PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

Looking forward to 8pm PST.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Oh my god. This came out of nowhere!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Will this be universal?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
squarezero saves the day!

Just when I gave up on this Wednesday's iOS releases...BOOM one of my all-time favorite 'iOS classic's' (what I would consider in AppStore history ) finally drops the sequel. All I can say...PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

Looking forward to 8pm PST.
Maybe I need to give the first game another go..