★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Set sail across the seven seas in a all new endless adventure.
Sail your way through treturous waters while collecting pirate bounty in the race to plunder everything you can while sailing further than any other pirate.
Simply tilt your device to steer left or right collecting every coin,jewel and power up you can in the race to the edge of the world.
Buy new ships,cheats and power ups to help master the seas and become the pirate king.
Complete missions and unique to Pirate Peril a new bonus mission system to gain double the bounty your rewarded for your epic journeys.

Gameplay.
Keen reflexes and a straight keel are needed if your going to survive the obstacles that await you at sea.
swerve the whirlpool vortex that will spin you round and spit you out,navigate round the rocks that will rip through your ship like a cutlass through butter ,collect the bounty in this thrilling voyage to the end of world.
All in the name of the pirate code "Sail ,beg,steel and plunder."

You start your adventure in a ship called "The Golden Cutlass" which handles like a block off butter in a hot pan, but don't worry . your about to sail and collect bounty and will be able to buy new ships,cheats and power ups and eventually buy the jewel of the seas a ship called "The Black Lightning" the most revered pirate ship to sail any sea and yes it handles like a dream.

key features
Simple One handed tilt based controls.
5 different ships to unlock.
Unique jewel level up system.
Amazing power ups and obstacles.
Unique bonus mission system to increase mission rewards.
90 missions with 30 bonus missions all unique.
Stunning retina graphics
Game Center achievements and Separate leader boards for IAP buyers.
Easy to play hard to master and will keep you coming back.

big-boys-gadget-toys's comments:
hi guys Welcome to the official thread of my new Game Pirate peril.
Pirate Peril is FREE and i think is going to be my next big hit since Cave Shooter 2.

Pirate Peril Is an Endless Runner/Swimmer with a great new mission system.
As well as having the usual 3 mission system there is also a bonus mission that if completed will add hugely to your mission rewards.

Before i show you screens and video i would like to explain the IAP before anyone goes into a rage.
The IAP in this Game is Completely Optional, you can play this game from start to finish with out grinding away or spending a penny as this is the way we wanted it to be played.
The IAP is present so if any body likes the game and wants to show their support they can purchase and help us continue making great games.

One thing we have done that we believe no dev has done before us is have separate Game Center leader boards for people who have bought IAP and for People who have not so all you purists out there should be quite happy well with out further adieu here is Pirate Peril Available Now for FREE.

P.s We are active members of the Touch Arcade Forums and will be following all comments so please feel free to give feedback and Ideas as we will respond.Thanks.

video -------

Youtube link | Pop Up

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pirat...0394?mt=8&uo=4

08-02-2012, 03:59 AM
feedback

hi guys dont be afraid to hit us up with some feedback, my us i mean me as im a solo developer. thanks

08-02-2012, 04:25 AM
Looks like you've spent a fair bit of time on this. I wasnt keen on Cave Shooter (sorry), just wasnt aliens to shoot just forcefields.

For me personally i really dont like tilt controls, an option to have an arrow at the sides would be great like some other runner type games.

Would love for you or someone to attempt a 'similar' game to Toobin' which you could say is an endless runner ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31-YnkuNoNI ) been after a game similar to that forever on the app store.

Congrats on your game though, wish i could create games !
08-02-2012, 04:31 AM
I'll give it a try as soon as I'm home from work

Game Center: sink_or_swim
08-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Looks like you've spent a fair bit of time on this. I wasnt keen on Cave Shooter (sorry), just wasnt aliens to shoot just forcefields.

For me personally i really dont like tilt controls, an option to have an arrow at the sides would be great like some other runner type games.

Would love for you or someone to attempt a 'similar' game to Toobin' which you could say is an endless runner ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31-YnkuNoNI ) been after a game similar to that forever on the app store.

Congrats on your game though, wish i could create games !

hi thanks for the feedback always want it weather good or bad, definately consider putting touch controls in an update,yes took me 6 months to get how i wanted it and had a great art guy on board.thanks colyn big-boys-gadget-toys
08-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I'll give it a try as soon as I'm home from work
thanks hope you like it.
08-02-2012, 01:25 PM
I've played a couple of runs and I really like the mission system and the fact that there are 40 GC-Achievements. BUT the tilt controls are the worst that I've ever seen, I'm sorry to say that but they are unresponsive. It will stay on my iphone because it's a nice game, hope you will look into the tilt controls

08-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
I've played a couple of runs and I really like the mission system and the fact that there are 40 GC-Achievements. BUT the tilt controls are the worst that I've ever seen, I'm sorry to say that but they are unresponsive. It will stay on my iphone because it's a nice game, hope you will look into the tilt controls

Hi thanks for the feedback but the ship you start in is designed not to be responsive as soon as you buy a better ship tilt handling is a lot better and buy the time you buy the black lightning ship it handles like a dream and turns from left to right instantly, when you get the speed power up (pirate hat) when you turn into a speedboat you will get an idea of how well the best ship will handle. They progressively handle better as you buy all the ships.thanks and hope you stick with it.
08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-boys-gadget-toys View Post
Hi thanks for the feedback but the ship you start in is designed not to be responsive as soon as you buy a better ship tilt handling is a lot better and buy the time you buy the black lightning ship it handles like a dream and turns from left to right instantly, when you get the speed power up (pirate hat) when you turn into a speedboat you will get an idea of how well the best ship will handle. They progressively handle better as you buy all the ships.thanks and hope you stick with it.
oh.. didn't know that thanks, hopefully it won't take too long to buy a better ship =)
I'm #1 on the leaderboards.. yeah

08-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
oh.. didn't know that thanks, hopefully it won't take too long to buy a better ship =)
I'm #1 on the leaderboards.. yeah

No problem glad you like it.let me know if you got anything you might want in an update always open to suggestions.