★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ali-Works
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: 8-Bit Zombie is an addicting 2D shooter that's fun, competitive, and awesome.

SALE: 8-Bit Zombie is FREE!!

*FEATURES
-Sweet 8-Bit graphics
-Awesome physics for zombie limbs!
-8-Bit gore
-Wicked market with loads of upgrades and weapons
-Killer 8-Bit Retro music

*Backstory
You, a random dude in a science lab, have accidentally spilled 8-Bit gene mutation transformation serum on your 8-Bit colleagues, causing them to turn into zombies and reproduce rapidly! Oh no! Use your trusty 8-Bit weapons to blast every limb, body part, and head off the things before they eat your 8-Bit brains out!

*MARKET ITEMS
-Shotgun
-Gold Shotgun
-Pistol
-Stopping Power
-Heart Spawn Boost
-Revive
-Health Upgrade

Made by Ali Younis and Adam Roke.

psychen's comments:
Hey guys,

8-Bit Zombie, the next coolest game on the app store has finally launched. With a mixture of classic 8-Bit, pixelated graphics and a hardcore physics engine for limb-throwing, this game is sure to please all iOS gamers, casual and hardcore.

In short, 8-Bit Zombie is an addicting 2D shooter that's fun, competitive, and awesome.

*FEATURES
-Sweet 8-Bit graphics
-Awesome physics for zombie limbs!
-8-Bit gore
-Wicked market with loads of upgrades and weapons
-Game Center competitive leader boards
-Killer 8-Bit Retro music

*BACKSTORY
You, a random dude in a science lab, have accidentally spilled 8-Bit gene mutation serum on your 8-Bit colleagues, causing them to turn into zombies and reproduce rapidly! Oh no! Use your trusty 8-Bit weapons to blast every limb, body part, and head off the things before they eat your 8-Bit brains out!
08-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Is it just me, or does the zombie design look familiar and was 8-bit-ified?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

08-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I'ts not just you.
08-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Almost plant'ish.
08-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Looks decent enough though. Is it really a possibility that they lifted things? I cant really tell

GC- banger1103
08-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Thats the Zombieville Zombie.I reckonize that zombie Ive killed thousands of them
08-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger1103 View Post
Looks decent enough though. Is it really a possibility that they lifted things? I cant really tell
Definitely ripped off Zombieville. Most likely traced.
08-02-2012, 11:52 AM
It ripped of shotgun fun fun for mac.
08-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Definitely Shotgun Funfun. I bought this app, and sorry to say the implementation is lacking. One stick runs and jumps when you are pointing somewhat up, which this game requires precision diagonal jumps. The other thumb is your shot direction. Also, game has a jumpy framerate when you have about a dozen or so zombies on screen.
Not to be rude, but bad ripoffs of freeware really get me steamed. Not recommended.
09-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
This game is really disappointing, it should be free considering how long it takes to buy new useless things. There is only one poorly designed stage, the zombies spawn from everywhere and there is not really any organization. The controls are absolutely awful. The only good thing about this game is the pixel art. Ive been waiting for an update for it, but it hasn't came. I sure hope I didnt waste my 99 on this.