★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

09-15-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunt190 View Post
Wait the iPhone 4s can handle it I'm sure the A5 not that far off from the A6 (like the A4 which is 7X slow at graphics than the A5 the A6 is only 2X better at graphics than the A5 its not a giant leap like the A4 vs A5 it is a leap in graphics power but I was hoping the A6 would of been like 6X or 7X faster than the A5 I think I will stay with an iPhone 4s in tell a quad core phone comes out by appl or maybe will get the iPhone 5 )
I was hoping for the same kind of chip upgrade myself (quad core CPU), basically same as what you said.
It's too late though. I've sold my 4s and will have the 5 next week. Luckily it's only a one year contract so can do same thing next year if quad core arrives.
Or just buy a new newer iPad (4) in march ish.

I am definitely curious to see what, or if there are any, differences between RR3 on a 4s and a 5. I can see that the quad cores on the gpu on a 5 will have a definite advantage along with the ram increase.

My only real concern was with the iPad 2 versus 3. But then again the gpu on the 3 is necessary to push for the retina screen. So other than retina I can't see there being too much difference between the effects on them.
Because its Real Racing, if there did turn out to be a big difference, I'd just have to get the iPad 3 rather than wait for the 4.
09-15-2012, 05:37 AM
You can move the camera while racing like in an iOS FPS........just my guess

WTF= What the F*ck!
FTW=F*ck the What?

09-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
I was hoping for the same kind of chip upgrade myself (quad core CPU), basically same as what you said.
It's too late though. I've sold my 4s and will have the 5 next week. Luckily it's only a one year contract so can do same thing next year if quad core arrives.

I am definitely curious to see what, or if there are any, differences between RR3 on a 4s and a 5. I can see that the quad cores on the gpu on a 5 will have a definite advantage along with the ram increase..
That's the thing the 5 is not quad core according to apple them selfs it's only a more powerful duel core. Although I could be wrong and mistaken it

Last edited by Mhunt190; 09-15-2012 at 06:33 AM.
09-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
That's the thing the 5 is not quad core according to apple them selfs it's only a more powerful duel core. Although I could be wrong and mistaken it
I think you're right. No one knows for sure yet.
But the general consensus is dual core CPU, quad core GPU and arm cortex a15 architecture.
I'm sure the ifixit tear down will tell us a lot.
As long as ram is 1gb, I won't really care too much.
09-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
I think you're right. No one knows for sure yet.
But the general consensus is dual core CPU, quad core GPU and arm cortex a15 architecture.
I'm sure the ifixit tear down will tell us a lot.
As long as ram is 1gb, I won't really care too much.
I'm honestly suspecting a dual core gpu. If it was quad core wouldn't apple've made a huge deal about it like they did with the new iPad? (which honestly was pretty misleading considering the incredibly irritating retina res for 3d gaming)

As for the ram count I think it could go either way. It's about time for a bump, but knowing apple they might've just decided to wait another year.
09-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Note to self... Don't drool in public :-0~
Bring this on!!
09-21-2012, 02:45 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Note to self... Don't drool in public :-0~
Bring this on!!
what he said
09-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:

I am definitely curious to see what, or if there are any, differences between RR3 on a 4s and a 5. I can see that the quad cores on the gpu on a 5 will have a definite advantage along with the ram increase.

My only real concern was with the iPad 2 versus 3. But then again the gpu on the 3 is necessary to push for the retina screen. So other than retina I can't see there being too much difference between the effects on them.
Because its Real Racing, if there did turn out to be a big difference, I'd just have to get the iPad 3 rather than wait for the 4.
To sum up this problem I believe the iPhone 5 will not have full graphic optimization for a while...why.. Well first off its not out get so developers don't know what they can do to optimize it graphically
09-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
To sum up this problem I believe the iPhone 5 will not have full graphic optimization for a while...why.. Well first off its not out get so developers don't know what they can do to optimize it graphically
Developers like Firemonkeys will get the newer hardware long before public release from Apple. So yes I would think the game has been optimised for the iPhone 5.