App description: The App Store named Wizorb in App Store Best of 2012!

The once peaceful Kingdom of Gorudo is threatened by an evil presence. The only hope for salvation is Cyrus, a wizard versed in a secret magic art called Wizorb! Explore many strange places from the derelict monster infested town of Clover to Gorudo Castle atop Cauldron Peak. Danger lurks around every corner so you'll need to keep your wits about you and have quick reflexes in order to survive.

An all-new block-breaking game set in a fantasy world.
Use your magic wand to bounce the orb and cast various magic spells.
Over 60 levels in 5 different Worlds.
Earn gold to buy charms or to help the citizens rebuild their homes.
Epic boss fights.
Multiple endings.
Game Center achievements and leaderboards
Character animation by Paul Robertson.

goiMot's comments:
Loved the Mac version!!

08-02-2012, 10:47 PM
How do you control the paddle (wand)?

Game Center ID: Snooptalian

08-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Nice! Downloading now. I felt like there really wasn't much for me out of this week's Wednesday/Thursday release roster, so this is quite welcome. Looks great!
08-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Wait, is this a breakout RPG?
08-02-2012, 11:16 PM
does it have icloud support?
08-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeranth View Post
Nice! Downloading now. I felt like there really wasn't much for me out of this week's Wednesday/Thursday release roster, so this is quite welcome. Looks great!
Same here, nothing worthwhile to download except for Alien Breed (which I regret). So this is an insta-buy for me

Downloading now and will give comments later.
08-02-2012, 11:36 PM
CRAP! Just tried to buy it with $3.16 in my account and couldn't afford it. Oh thoust gods of game code-giving, please bestow thou blessing upon thy once more!

Eh, well looks like I'm off to Fred Meyer for an itunes giftcard. Any impressions thus far?

Last edited by RunnyGnome; 08-02-2012 at 11:40 PM.
08-02-2012, 11:39 PM
This looks pretty great. If this is on the same level as 10000000 and Dungeon Raid in terms of quality, I'll definitely be getting it. Looking forward to impressions.

Twitter: @back2this
08-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Initial observations

Game plays portrait style, there's a black bar on the bottom of screen. You control the bumper with your finger, it tracks your movement. Using the black bar you don't have to cover any of the play area which is really nice!

In the town portion the controls are god awful. There's no virtual pad. It seems kind of like you tap the side of the screen for the direction to move but it's a royal pain to line up and talk to anyone. Hopefully I'll get used to it but it really turned me off.

In game you have different spells that you can use while playing. There's a virtual A and B button. Hitting A shoots a fireball and B does some wind spell. If you cast right as the ball hits the bumper you get a different spell, A makes the ball clear through anything in its path for a short time, B turns the ball into a fairy. Also different spells if cast at the start before putting the ball in play. Not sure in you get new spells later, I would think so!

So far really enjoying it and who doesn't love the old wizard "AWWW YEAH!" icon?

Last edited by Pezmage; 08-02-2012 at 11:59 PM.
08-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Bought this for my PSP and while I liked it a lot it is very hard, maybe its the fact that ive been spoiled by all the relative touch brick breakers I played on iOS.

Very nice game, I feel this will be much nicer on iOS than as a Mini.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion