★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cleverson
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 45.9 MB
  • Version: 1.7
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: + The town is overrun by the Running Dead, and you're the only survivor. Choose your path, kill the zombies in your way and run from the ones chasing you! Never stop or they'll catch you! How far will you go? How long can you survive?

+ Each time you play you'll find a different path!
+ Earn coins for kills and distance.
+ Max out your weapons and reach far levels.
+ 2 Awesome sceneries! Run through the city or countryside!
+ iCloud auto-save and restore.
Keep your game progress safe / you can load it to any of your iCloud enabled devices.

Features:

- Stunning 3D graphics.
- Enhanced for iPhone 5.
- 2 environments, 5 characters, 8 weapons, land mines and the fabulous Savior Shot!
- Lots of upgrades.
- 6 control options!!!
- Endless levels.
- 19 achievements.
- Leaderboard for most Distance, Kills and Score.
- Available in 11 languages! English, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Korean and Japanese!

Like Running Dead on Facebook at facebook.com/RunningDeadGame
Follow on Twitter: @RunningDeadGame

CzarCastic's comments:

08-03-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this yet. It looks cool. A top-down, endless runner with zombies. I wonder if the maps are randomly generated each time, or if they are the same, but with multiple paths to choose. I'll probably check it out later, but I'm at work now and don't have time at the moment.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

08-03-2012, 09:19 AM
This one does look good. I may have to try it. I am always looking for a new take on a good runner.
08-03-2012, 09:25 AM

You (or a mod) might wanna add this to the original post.

Looks pretty decent. Like Zombie Highway on foot. Sort of. There's another video on YouTube...seems like you press onto the sides of your device to make the guy sway in that direction.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Looks promising. At a dollar maybe I'll consider trying it out.
08-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Decided to try it out. I'll post some impressions in a bit.

Hopefully it'll be good. I mean...Game Center, universal, retina graphics and iCloud support? The gameplay better match that list of features because everything's bloody covered!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Decided to try it out. I'll post some impressions in a bit.

Hopefully it'll be good. I mean...Game Center, universal, retina graphics and iCloud support? The gameplay better match that list of features because everything's bloody covered!
You're a dollar saver friend
08-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Can you let me know about the controls please. I cant stand tilt, ideall if this has left/right buttons or something it'll be great

But please let me know ! Cheers

Edit - Hell its a dollar ! I always preach to people to try a game when its so cheap so i should do the same

Downloading now. Only one iAP for 10,000 coins for 99c

From the youtube video i love the graphics. Anyway starting it up, funny it wont let me choose options first, telling me to start the game first. Love the graphics, the tutorial tells you to touch the bottom left hand corner to turn left, bottom right to turn right. Hit the top to shoot when the target is locked (it auto aims for you)

There are options for tilt or to use 'buttons' on the touchscreen which is great as they give you the choice.

I'm loving this. The weird thing is i cant stand endless runners, Temple Run was okay but now all the clones of those i find boring but this is something slightly different. Its a great idea. You also get weapons where you can drop a mine (so the zombies behind you die) or a special weapon where you spin about and fire and then turn back.

Great game, thanks for pointing this one out !

Last edited by psj3809; 08-03-2012 at 10:35 AM.
08-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
You (or a mod) might wanna add this to the original post.
Done.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I can't find a single fault with the game. For God's sake, you're offered FOUR FRICKIN' types of control options, everything you can imagine is in the game...leaderboards, achievements, iCloud, 2 characters, new weapons, upgrades, bla, bla, bla...hell, even the zombies seem to take inspiration from Left 4 Dead. My only issue with it? It's...ermmm...kinda boring. :/ Just seems like whether you're out on the street or making your way through buildings, everything's just tight and while the game does introduce new enemies in each level (even though it's endless), moving from one to the next seems to take longer than you'd imagine.

Overall, if this looks like something you'd like to play, by all means get it. It's flawless from a technical standpoint, the IAPs are most definitely optional, it looks and sounds great and it's just a dollar....but it's a little slow.