★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Submerge yourself in an intense adventure as the famous Chinese archer hero and general, Hua Rong, known for his incredible accuracy with a bow and arrow. You are on a mission to rid the mountain of an evil army which has terrorized the local people. Wield several different bows, special attacks, and magical attacks to defeat the army of foot soldiers, axe men, supernatural creatures, and more! You can unlock new weapons by earning more stars for each level, which are awarded for your accuracy and agility. The gameplay and controls are unlike any other game, specifically designed to mimic the feel of using a bow and arrow, yet easy to understand. Truly experience the battlefields of ancient China in the Song Dynasty; pick up your bow and ready yourself for war!
3D rendered graphics for amazing character detail and motion
Innovative tap and drag controls replace legacy on-screen joysticks
Unique control design provides a realistic archer experience in ancient Chinese battlefields
4 different stages
Over 10 different types of enemies
Boss fights for each stage
9 different bows to unlock, each with a unique damage type and special skill
Special magic attacks to blanket the field in destruction
Enemies and bosses have custom stats and skills requiring tactics to defeat them

Minimum Device Requirements:
iPad 1, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch (3rd generation)
Recommended Devices:
iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch (4th generation)

The game video is here:

.THOTH.'s comments:

08-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I like the way this looks! Different than a regular shooter, seems to control well, looks fantastic! But at $2.99, I'm a little put off. Looks like I'll wait for the price-drop on this, see what other guys think, then I might pounce on it!
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Definitely curious, and this looks like something new I might enjoy, but I'll wait for impressions from early adopters here.
08-04-2012, 07:34 AM
I'll toftt. Impressions in a few hours or maybe sooner.
08-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Early impressions:

Tap to move,shoot by tapping character and draw back to aim and shoot.
At first i tried to really aim well but very quickly the action turns too frantic,so shoot away as many arrows as you can in the direction of an enemy seems the best solution.
What seem to be headless ostriches keep running by and if you hit them you get a health potion. They only last as long as the level and quite a few run by but they're easy to miss. Sometimes they have power-up like multi arrow,but i only got one of them so far.
As far as i can see there are 4 stages with 22 levels in total. In 5 minutes time i got to halfway stage 2 so it seems very short. In each level you can earn a maximum of 3 stars and with those stars you can buy new bows. This will ofcourse give a bit more playtime especially as the last level of each level has a boss fight. (i think,that was the case in stage 1 at least.)

I could only find one IAP item,a legendary bow for a dollar,everything else is obtained by stars.

I'm not sure about this one. I played on my ipad and i constantly had to switch fingers to shoot depending where i was on the playfield,wich i don't like.
No screen rotation.
Action is allright i guess,maybe i just need to practice more,but not really my cup of tea. Maybe it plays better on my iphone,i'll try later.
For my archery pleasure i'll go back to shoot the zombirds.