★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Upcoming PRICE CHANGE and more for OHMZ!

06-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Upcoming PRICE CHANGE and more for OHMZ!

Hello,
Brian Chaon here, Designer of Ohmz.

When Ohmz was released I mentioned that a price drop was going to happen for Ohmz after we had it out for a while. I am hear to tell you that it is on the way. We just adjusted the new price and the description. The price will be dropping from the initial 3.99 to
$1.99. Yay! Cheers!

But not only that, I also want to announce that our first update is in testing and will hopefully be released soon. It is a big update and has a lot in it. See the description on iTunes when it updates the price, we will list all the stuff that is coming in the update. The game is much closer to our original vision now and includes many things that people have asked for. The last steps we are taking is making sure that the game releases under the 10mb download mark. Adding music pushed the file size up, but we wanted it in there. Me especially, because i made the music.

After we get through testing in the next few days we will be submitting the update. We can't say it will happen tomorrow. But the only thing that will hold it up is if the submission gets rejected by Apple. Shouldn't be much of a problem

We also plan to continue supporting the game beyond this update, we can't wait to see what people think.

Thanks for all of your support! Touch Arcade and it's community definitely has proven to be a big help.

~Brian "Zeven" Chaon

Last edited by zeven; 06-02-2009 at 07:07 PM.
06-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Great! Thanks for keeping us posted

06-02-2009, 06:30 PM
06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
Great! Thanks for keeping us posted
No problem at all. I told you that you would be one of the first to know, I will also let you guys know as soon as we make the submission and when the new version goes live. If you don't catch if first, Touch Arcade is pretty on top of things.

We also have to see about getting a new video out. That one you have posted was a version or two before the initial release. I will talk to Dave our producer and see if we can get another one up.

Last edited by zeven; 06-02-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: define Dave
06-02-2009, 07:26 PM
This looks pretty cool, and at a 1.99 sale I might just have to pick it up. Is the sale going to end when the new update comes out?

06-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
This looks pretty cool, and at a 1.99 sale I might just have to pick it up. Is the sale going to end when the new update comes out?
I can't say much of anything in regards to the pricing at the moment. I got a little heat from the guys here when I mentioned a future price adjustment in the release thread. (I enjoyed every moment of that leak.) But hey, we are spending a lot of time going over what people are saying and how they are responding. If you pick up the game, let us know what you think. If you feel the 3.99 price point isn't unreasonable for the game let us know. If you feel that it isn't worth more than 1.99, let us know. If you would like to see something added that you think would make the game worth 199.99 let us know.

We have brought a lot of stuff to the table that was based on user thought and opinion. We didn't act on everything we heard but we took what we could into consideration.
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
New video of the gameplay.

http://vimeo.com/4989625

Does anyone have this game?
06-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Yes, I bought the game and I really like it. It's different from Peggle and that makes it interesting. BTW, I have Peggle, too.
06-04-2009, 09:05 PM
06-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Is it a bug with my game or does this not have much sound at all? Seems unnaturally quiet somehow which detracts from an otherwise enjoyable gaming experience.

I hope this is addressed in the update.