★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Galactic Gunner has been submitted!

06-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to ezone
Galactic Gunner has been submitted!

We've uploaded Galactic Gunner to the App Store! Finger's crossed that it has a quick and painless approval process...

Special thanks to our awesome beta team for all their help!

Galactic Gunner: Finger Hero Teaser Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Game Description

Listen up Cadet! This is your Captain speaking. You are the Gunner - leave the flying to me!

Galactic Gunner is a new space shooter from Ezone.com - developed by the Edis brothers Jamie and Simon from Australia. They decided to make the space game they’ve always wanted to play: no difficult flying controls, no gettting lost in space, no hits from behind, no complex instructions to wade through — just eye-popping 3D action from the get go!

In Galactic Gunner you shoot down targets by touching the screen. Your pilot is a seasoned veteran who handles the steering (and audio commentary) so you can concentrate on the fun part: destroying any targets that cross your path!

Galactic Gunner has something for all ages and skill levels, with intuitive but challenging game-play. Your skill and accuracy (not just trigger/tap-happy luck) will earn you one of 15 different medals — do you have what it takes to earn the 'SuperNova Supreme'?

And if you are looking for a great way to show off your iPhone, then look no further! The dynamic lighting, real-time 3D graphics and effects of Galactic Gunner will amaze you and blow your friends away!

Features:

- Eye-popping real-time 3D graphics
- Something for all ages and skill levels
- Cinematic camera angles and cut-scenes
- 7 challenging missions to unlock
- 15 different medals to earn
- Humorous salute to classic sci-fi movies and games
- Full dramatic soundtrack
- Over 200 lines of entertaining audio dialog
- Touch controls
- 3D menu system
- Dynamic 3D lighting and effects
- 3 game save slots
- Vibration feedback (iPhone only)

TouchArcade.com describes Galactic Gunner as: "an exciting flight through asteroid fields, battling the menacing Trepidoids, flying inside of a colossal space station, and other scenes reminiscent of classic science fiction movies."

Galactic Gunner: Preview

Youtube link | Pop Up

Simon Edis Game Developer @ Ezone.com: Twitter, Game Blog

Diver Dash: iTunes Download (Free) | Official Video | TA Forum Thread | PressKit

Last edited by ezone; 06-02-2009 at 07:57 PM.
06-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Congrats ezone!!

I'm still in love with the music of the game. It's a perfect fit

06-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Awesome, I have had a great time with the beta. Hopefully apple does not butcher the review process.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
06-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Looking forward to this

I'll be buying this one once it hits the AppStore - reminds me of the arcade game StarBlade by Namco (spent some money playing this one in the arcades...)
06-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Congrats on the submission to Apple. I think this is a good game and its been great being a member of the beta team.

Beta tested: Parallelus, Galactic Gunner, Crazy Snowboard, IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
What? They make games for the iPhone/iPod Touch?
lmao
06-02-2009, 10:17 PM
I can't believe I missed the beta for this one...

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
06-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to ezone
Anyone know how long it is taking new apps to get approved - I imagine everyone at Apple is pretty busy with WWDC next week...

Simon Edis Game Developer @ Ezone.com: Twitter, Game Blog

Diver Dash: iTunes Download (Free) | Official Video | TA Forum Thread | PressKit
06-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Congratulations!

This is a must by for everyone here at Freeverse!

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.
06-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Anyone know how long it is taking new apps to get approved - I imagine everyone at Apple is pretty busy with WWDC next week...
The review process typically takes about 10 days. Even with WWDC next week, I wouldn't anticipate that changing that too much.
06-03-2009, 06:14 PM
It's about time This is an awesome game, and I hope the TA crowd (and everyone else with a reasonable mind and an iDevice) gives it lots of love. I'm glad someone finally made a first person flight shooter for people like me who aren't so good at first person flight shooters.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre