★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

DJ Mix Tour by Gameloft

06-02-2009, 08:25 PM
DJ Mix Tour by Gameloft

Youtube link | Pop Up

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
06-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Your typical Guitar Hero clone...except with bad music...interesting, particularly since Guitar Rock Tour 2 has been announced also

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

06-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Gameloft is a pretty solid Ipod game maker, let's see how they'll do
06-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Is this a spoof of DJ Max? Anyway, this looks pretty sweet.

10chars
06-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Not much of a Hip-Hop/Trance/Pop fan so it doesn't particularly interest me. More excited for GRT 2

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
06-04-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:

DJ Mix Tour places you behind virtual turntables, spinning tracks by such dance-happy acts as Lady Gaga, Britney Spears and the Bucketheads.

DJ Mix Tour Hands-On Preview.
We demoed the game on the medium difficulty level, where the note tracks are bent around the two circular turntables, with a third track down the center representing the mixer.

You don't actually spin or scratch the records, per se, but the hardbodies in the crowd go wild when you hit lots of notes in a row. If you keep up the good work, the crowd goes wild and foam starts spurting out of the ceiling, just like Ibiza in high season.

창의력
06-04-2009, 01:16 PM
lol sorry gameloft but what a terrible selection of licensed tracks. its tha sorta crap you hear at some cheesy club. put me right off

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
06-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Interesting response in this thread.

There are games in this tap genre for a range of contemporary musical interests. I have to assume that most of the negative replies above are from those of you who do not do much dancing, hip-hop, R&B, latin, ballroom, or otherwise. If the visual theme/gameplay is that of a mixer and a turn-table, what music would you have Gameloft use, Dave Mathews band and Mozart??

Mixing and turn-tables are for club music, which is what this game is about–good heavy base lines. Fortunately for Gameloft there is a wealth of consumers who will embrace this offering, notwithstanding the negative sentiment in this thread.

창의력
06-04-2009, 02:09 PM
no mate, the negativity comes from thoughtless licensing of pop chart music and not proper 'dj' music, presumably to entice 12 year old teenage girls into buying into this.

not one of tha tracks would be played by any self respecting dj in a decent club therefore making a bit of a mockery of the games title!

theres an utter tonne of dance/trance/techno music that would have been much better choices. prodigy, chemical brothers, ATB, tiesto etc .. thats my point. they have just as much commercial appeal and would have been a much better choice imo

music tastes are a subjective matter tho, just didnt think the music is right for this.

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbottle View Post
no mate, the negativity comes from thoughtless licensing of pop chart music and not proper 'dj' music, presumably to entice 12 year old teenage girls into buying into this.

not one of tha tracks would be played by any self respecting dj in a decent club therefore making a bit of a mockery of the games title!
With that, I agree...

창의력