★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SketchDungeon ($0.99)

06-02-2009, 08:35 PM
SketchDungeon ($0.99)

An interesting dungeon crawler, it's played out on a paper and pencil theme.
I am TOFTT now, will have impressions up soon.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317379373&mt=8

06-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I cannot imagine why nobody is talking about this either, looks like simple fun RPG but it may be a little short according to the game description.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
06-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Impressions

Well so far it's pretty fun. Think rogue touch with a fun pencil and paper theme and all your attacks are done with a crossbow. You use your accelerometer to move (you can calibrate in the options menu) and tap to fire in that direction. A neat feature is that you can hold down the fire button and move to strafe. The animations are fun retro style particle effects. The monsters are varied too, and play along with the theme in that they look hand drawn. The animations remind me of Parachute Panic which is another plus. Along the way you can collect treasure (try to collect it all for a higher score), kill monsters (again try to explore and kill them all), food to replenish health, and pick up magic powers (arrows bounce of walls is the only one I have found so far). The only glitch/bug I found is that at certain times and at the right angle the walls blur out to the shadowy outline.
Also there is no music (it's pencil and paper remember) though the sound effects are pretty annoying.
Overall fun, and I'm on level 2.
(Level 1 is a fun tutorial)

06-02-2009, 09:04 PM
The later levels can get pretty tough, and of course when you die you must restart from the beginning. It's pretty fun so far, sometimes you'll find walls that you can move revealing a secret treasure room or a power-up. I haven't encountered that glitch/bug in awhile now, it might just be that level.

06-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the feedback -

I just started another thread with additional links at:
tocuhArcade Announcement

We appreciate any tips and feedback on SketchDungeon and hope to add additional content soon...

:-)