★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Hell Rider HD!

08-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Hell Rider HD!

Hell Rider HD
The unparalleled physics engine give you a level of control that you have to play to believe.
Most men the most exciting racing game。

pro code:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IPAD001.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	45808   Click image for larger version

Name:	IPAD002.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	45809   Click image for larger version

Name:	IPAD03.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	45810  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IPAD004.jpg
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	45811  

Last edited by jackgg; 08-06-2012 at 07:17 PM.
08-06-2012, 09:24 AM
what a great game,it's beautiful.miss a code...

08-06-2012, 04:17 PM
another Bike Race but the icon is awesome! Even if the game is not of interest to the user this icon simply cannot be ignored. Good luck!
08-06-2012, 04:21 PM
You know what's not lost in translation? That icon.

Blargh... iPad only. Carry on.
08-06-2012, 04:24 PM
"most men the most exciting racing game on the line"?
Doesn't make sense.

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB
08-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
"most men the most exciting racing game on the line"?
Doesn't make sense.
08-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by jackgg View Post
Instead of giving him a thumbs down for that comment and nothing more, you might also consider the fact that -as blunt as his comment may be- your English translation indeed doesn't make any sense.
The sentence is seriously flawed and it's highly recommended that you revise it.

iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> OnePlus One -> iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray... it's good to be back!
Primary gaming device: iPad Air 2 64GB Space Gray
Equine with vulpine tendencies.
08-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Ok, I took a code so here is my review.

You have something here with a lot of potential. But, it also needs a lot of work. The art design is nice, but the character you actually play is nowhere near as cool as the pumpkin headed rider from the icon. That needs to be changed first and formost. The guy you are playing looks like a yellow snowman on a scooter. And the literal rag doll design makes him look and move like a dollar store action figure. Change it into the fire skeleton with the pumpkin head and the response will be a lot better.

Next, the controls you have to "play to believe". Yeah, we'll you are right about that. I can't believe... How bad they are. The tilt sensitivity is way off. If you tilt even the slightest forward with your device he leans forward like he wants to tie his shoes and it's just as bad backwards. There is no comfortable middle ground. This means you are struggling against inertia constantly. Plus, tilt controls instead of a forward backward arrow or virtual button just sucks. I say add some buttons for a much smoother steering experience and make the tilting a option and not the default control.

There is the level design. I get that it's supposed to be Hell. But, square rocks and ground design with no rounded edges and hills? Um... NO. By the third level it stops being fun and becomes a lesson in pure frustration. I got hung up on the same tree stump like rock over and over and over again.

You are looking to get people to pay nearly 4 bucks for this? NO WAY. Not without some serious work and a very much needed over-haul to the game play and design choices.

Now, please don't get discouraged. Like I said, you have something with a lot of potential here. It just needs a LOT of work. Otherwise it's going to be called out as some bare bones Trials knock off and basically ignored by most people. I wish you well, but you deserve and honest review and this is mine.
08-13-2012, 06:01 AM

Hell Rider lacks a bit of finish and the single control option hasn’t been tweaked enough, or maybe not tested by enough different people. For me, tilt would be fine in this game if it was calibrated a bit better or there was a sensitivity option. Adding optional slider/buttons to control the leaning would be an excellent move. The tracks feel a bit nasty at times, with big angular blocks not really adding anything more than an opportunity to fall off. Maybe add some longer jumps over fiery pits, where you need to reach a certain speed in order to make the jump – that wouldn’t feel as cheap or frustrating as tripping over wonky bits of landscape.

The sounds are horrible – tinny, rasping noises with clicks that should just not be there. Other things could be added, such as an endless mode, although that might be more effort that it’s worth if the levels are hand-built and there’s no current facility to generate them from a random selection of track pieces.

Not an entirely hellish game, but it needs a bit of attention to detail, particularly the controls.

Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.

GC - JohnT321