Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default SolForge Digital TCG from the creators of Magic and Ascension

Hi all - I was directed to this forum by a fellow iOS gaming enthusiast who suggested you all might be interested in a new project we're working on.

SolForge is a free-to-play digital TCG for iOS and PC (and, hopefully, Android and other platforms as well) made by Gary Games, the designers of the Ascension board game and iOS app, in partnership with Richard Garfield, the original designer of Magic the Gathering.

Check out our Kickstarter page here. Anyone who contributes at least $5 to our Kickstarter receives access to the Beta when it goes live, along with a bunch of other cool rewards at every backer level.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ding-card-game

Our forums are here:

www.solforgegame.com

And here's a sneak preview of our current prototype we're using to film gameplay footage today!

Here's some screenshots from our in-progress version:

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates!

www.facebook.com/solforgegame
www.twitter.com/solforgegame

I'd be happy to answer any questions you all might have, either here or in our forums, so don't hold back. Also, if anyone can help me figure out how to embed our video properly, I'd appreciate that

-Brian Kibler

Last edited by Kibler; 08-07-2012 at 01:10 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Looks great so far. I'll be helping fund it.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:00 PM
iPhone 4

Very interested.
Will this be for iPhone as well? You say ios, but show an iPad. I have both but so often want a game badly to come to iPhone also.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I've been looking forward to this since it first showed up on Facebook. I'll try to find some of the promo art they've posted, which looks pretty great. I'm really excited to see what ideas Gary Games and Richard Garfield have for exploiting the freedom of the digital medium (a-la Assassin's Creed Recollection). I know I'm pledging at least $25 towards this, and seriously thinking about bumping it higher.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Very interested.
Will this be for iPhone as well? You say ios, but show an iPad. I have both but so often want a game badly to come to iPhone also.
We're developing the game for both iPhone and iPad. Our initial prototype build is using the iPad because it's much better for giving demos, which we plan to have available at both GenCon and PAX in the upcoming month.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
iPhone 4

Great! Good to hear. Looking forward to the development of this.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:38 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Looks fantastic! $250k by September? Good luck I really hope it happens
Old 08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Loving everything I'm seeing on the Kickstarter page. Upgradable cards, beautiful graphics, in-depth single player campaign where the decisions you make will impact the story as it unfolds.

This will be an insta-buy no doubt as I'm a fan of everything Gary Games touches for iOS. I guys my only question is, will the multiplayer be asynchronous? If so, will there be a chat feature (please say yes to both)?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Loving everything I'm seeing on the Kickstarter page. Upgradable cards, beautiful graphics, in-depth single player campaign where the decisions you make will impact the story as it unfolds.

This will be an insta-buy no doubt as I'm a fan of everything Gary Games touches for iOS. I guys my only question is, will the multiplayer be asynchronous? If so, will there be a chat feature (please say yes to both)?
We'll be supporting asynchronous play similar to how we do Ascension - you can play games with specific time limits so you can finish a game in one sitting or over the course of a week if you want. We do plan on having player chat as well.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Ftw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibler View Post
we'll be supporting asynchronous play similar to how we do ascension - you can play games with specific time limits so you can finish a game in one sitting or over the course of a week if you want. We do plan on having player chat as well.
woot!