Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Pixeye

Finally) I thought about how to create gui for a long time...I've decided to make it similar to warcraft3;-)

Old 09-17-2012, 12:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixeye View Post
Finally) I thought about how to create gui for a long time...I've decided to make it similar to warcraft3;-)

Why not, it works. Keeps the clutter off game screen.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hope to see some videos soon!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Send a message via MSN to V!3T

This looks so cool! I'm going to stick around in this thread until the release!

Up until now I've only seen videos of one stage (maybe I missed some). Is it only one stage then it's done or are there many consecutive "rooms" in a stage?
I'm digging the art too! Hope to see more updates from this game soon!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by V!3T View Post
This looks so cool! I'm going to stick around in this thread until the release!

Up until now I've only seen videos of one stage (maybe I missed some). Is it only one stage then it's done or are there many consecutive "rooms" in a stage?
I'm digging the art too! Hope to see more updates from this game soon!

Tnx!)) About rooms and level stuff.. there will be "floors". First few dungeons will be easy and flat. But later on you ll discover "deep" dungeons. They are going to contain ladders to move between floors. The idea was to make simple camera view - without screen moving.

Also there will be monster dens. Sort of a survival arena. You ll be teleported to a 3x3 room surrounded by monsters. If you kill them all you get a reward and be able to get back on dungeon level. If you die...well) nothing to say here)

Dungeons will contain settings, but we will release them as huge updates for IAPS ( perhaps ), with new setting you ll get a new hero and 1-3 special mobs for this setting. Its something like changing backgrounds in doodle jump.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Hey everyone;-)

Well, I started to create main menu and character selection menu.
this is how main menu looks;-) With some strange "neon" glow coming out of nowhere.

A little statistic bar also attached. It shows how much dungeons you've passed, how much monsters you've killed and how much chests you've opened ( there will be 100 chests with artefacts scattered in dungeons ).

Right now I reduced amount of tiles in dungeon from 42 to 30. This improved dynamics and now it looks better on iphone screen ( bigger cells, easier to touch ). In some ways game reminds Lufia 2 ancient cave.

Some people advised me to go on kickstarter. Dont know yet if it's a good idea).
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixeye View Post
Hey everyone;-)

Well, I started to create main menu and character selection menu.
this is how main menu looks;-) With some strange "neon" glow coming out of nowhere.

A little statistic bar also attached. It shows how much dungeons you've passed, how much monsters you've killed and how much chests you've opened ( there will be 100 chests with artefacts scattered in dungeons ).

Right now I reduced amount of tiles in dungeon from 42 to 30. This improved dynamics and now it looks better on iphone screen ( bigger cells, easier to touch ). In some ways game reminds Lufia 2 ancient cave.

Some people advised me to go on kickstarter. Dont know yet if it's a good idea).
looking good! any ETA?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:17 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Send a message via MSN to V!3T

So the game will be 100 randomly generated levels, along with 100 chests scattered throughout the floors.

Will character level ups be permanent?
Is there an "end" to the game or is it somewhat endless?

Great screen by the way! I love that random purple-ish neon glow on those rocks! Gives a spooky feeling to it.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:44 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Character selection screen;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turakm View Post
looking good! any ETA?
I wont say for sure, cause first I planned to show game in september, but always something goes wrong;-). I've already registered game in appstore, so right now ~60 days left for me to upload game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V!3T View Post
So the game will be 100 randomly generated levels, along with 100 chests scattered throughout the floors.

Will character level ups be permanent?
Is there an "end" to the game or is it somewhat endless?
I tried to figure out how to keep game simple and easy to understand. Dunno if it work. On each level there will be one chest. Chest contains an artefact. Artefact give you some power boosts ( hp / attack ). Permanent and forever.
There will be special menu where you will see your artefacts collection. More over, power of artefacts will affect on any playable character you choose to play. So for example if you play few hours with paladin and want to play with mage you don't have to find same artefacts again. The idea is to find as much artefacts as you can because they make you really strong. You wont pass last boss with little collection. It isn't critical if you wont find some artefacts in one attempt. After game over character returns on first level but much more stronger and with better chances to grab things you missed in previous attempt. As levels are random generated and mechanics are very simple there are no really difference between 1 level and 50 level. (Different balance numbers for enemies and any gameplay chances )

"level ups" will be permanent. As there are no EXP, you will buy your level ups;-)) Cash in game is sort of your experience.

There are no ending. But you could find artefacts only on first 100 levels. Also you will stand against main boss at the end of 100 level. This is a game goal for achievement, after this player can continue playing to get better scores for leaderboard.

Last edited by Pixeye; 10-01-2012 at 04:53 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Okay, I had no knowledge or awareness of this game prior, but after seeing it pop up on the upcoming thread for games and reading through, I have to say that this is getting added to my list of games to watch and potentially buy! It looks really "nifty" and something about it just jives right with me! Hope to see it soon on the App Store! Here's hoping it is universal!

Closed Thread