Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-09-2012, 08:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobstudio View Post
An Endless Run for the Real Man.
Be A Man, play The Right Game.
As a woman, I take it I'm supposed to skip this game, right? Nothing like cutting out half your audience right off the bat!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
As a woman, I take it I'm supposed to skip this game, right? Nothing like cutting out half your audience right off the bat!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Same reason I skipped watching the movie What Women Want.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:22 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Or you could be a man, woman.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:46 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

pm sent...

thanks a lot!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:59 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Just received the pm and installed the game. Thanks for the promo code...totally cool.

Initial impressions...

1. Interesting take on the saturated endless runner genre. Initially, I thought it was your typical "hack and slash" type of game (like Draw slasher), but it's so much more than that. I was confused by attack button at first because they just kept adding up and it was like it was stuttering or something. Then I realized you have to time each attack and defend, or you die (or at the very least you lose a lot of health).

2. The training camp helps acquaint you with the game, but I was still struggling to figure out what to do. More explanation might be helpful.

3. Love the attacks and the bloodshed. The varied enemies are good, but I can see them getting repetitive quickly. Are there any "bosses"?

4. There seem to be missions that you are supposed to complete, but there isn't enough explanation as to the objective. Maybe I missed it, I'll try it again.

Closing thoughts:

If you want something a little more strategic but still having the element of a hack and slash, then this is definitely worth a try.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:12 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Wow... just made it through the 6 training missions... and just... wow. WOW.

Great game! I'm really REALLY enjoying it. The need to punch in your moves before your guy attacks threw me off at first, but I got the hang of it very quickly... and got through each of the training stages except for one without taking any damage, or missing an enemy.

there's about 5 different enemy types, each one requires a different attack in order to kill them; Regular enemies - hit attack - Defenders - hit attack 3 times - Big Enemies - hold down attack to quickly charge a special attack - Spear Enemies - defend, and then attack - Small Spear Throwing Enemies - Defend until you're near the enemy and then attack. All of this, and a mix of arrows coming down at you from the skies which you'll need to defend against... it's incredibly challenging, and has a pretty wide array of moves considering there's only 2 buttons.

I'm definitely enjoying this one. Thanks so much for the code! =oD

Oh yeah... the graphics + animations = AWESOME. I love the silhouette look, and the different animations for the deaths are freak'n fantastic. =oD

GREAT job!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

PM sent.

This looks very interesting. Just the kind of game I like to play while mobile.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:00 AM

Just finished the training. I'm liking it so far. Thank you for the code.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:01 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

"Jet Li would be proud."

After having played over 200 side scrolling runner games (maybe over 300 even), I am very confident to say Blood Run belongs in the top 10 of all time.

Gameplay is this game's strongest point for me. Action sequences coupled with great controls and the depth of the gameplay all make for one hell of a formula that makes it stand out in a runner-crowded library.

The variety in the game doesnt look much, but the strategic sequences these are arranged in, makes it very enjoyable, and much varied and in turn requires more than just button mashing to be successful.

Controls are very responsive, but they can at first be a little difficult to get used to because of the delays in the attacks. Once you realize how well these delay take part in the action and once the attack delay sinks in, you will find that this is a significant element in the greatness of this game.

Sounds are also topnotch. I cant explain how i love each moment I hear sword clangs and slashing sounds, but it does remind me of the little bit of success that each of those sounds indicate. Also, it seems there are more than 4 sounds files for the sword clashes alone which makes sure the sounds dont get irritating or repetitive. That's how much subtle variety this game carries and how awesome the attention to details the devs have.

Graphics are sort of noir-meets-kurosawa of sorts, and should remind us of the glory of Asian action classics. The movements are fluid, the variety in death animations are good and there is a significant amount of blood on each kill makes sure each kill is satisfying. Sure the graphics can be improved, to maybe add more layers to add depth to the visuals, but the way it has been presented here isnt too bad. I think adding in some mountains, buildings, towers, war spoils, grasses, town-remains-after-war, lightning flashes, rain, thunder, speedlines and other stuff could add to visual flavor. Dragon Evolution, also made by the same devs, has a deeper setting and multiple backgrounds. Right now it's the only thing that feels repetitive but only IF you give it much attention.

Then again, this game immerses you in its superb sound effects and flawless gameplay that it will let you forget the simplicity of the backgounds and get you focused more into the action.

Also, i think it would be great if the attack and defense buttons be made invisible and the screen split in half for each of these buttons.

For those who love runner games, this is a keeper, and for those who dont, I recommend you try this game out.

I would give this game a 6 out of 5, but im only giving it a 5 out of 5 because of the simplicity in the backgrounds. Yeah, this game is that good, it's still perfect.