Blood Run by Nob Studio (Universal)

08-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I was about to tell everyone how good this Game is (and it's still good) but then

You're right man, just hold the defend button and watch out for the defender and you'll get a big score..
I don't want to shoot on the party but I dislike broken mechanics.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-10-2012, 09:51 AM
I see where this is going. Nob Studio needs to implement something to avoid the abuse... Like a Stamina bar that depletes the more you use D, and refills slowly on its own and gets refilled faster the more enemies you slay. That way, you'd have more reason to kill than just defend.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

08-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I see where this is going. Nob Studio needs to implement something to avoid the abuse... Like a Stamina bar that depletes the more you use D, and refills slowly on its own and gets refilled faster the more enemies you slay. That way, you'd have more reason to kill than just defend.
agreed... that's actually... a GREAT idea. I really hope it's implemented. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
.Decluster, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Incoboto, Imps In Tokyo, Auro
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: cEvin Key - Music For Cats & Download - Furnace+III
08-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Awe, you had to go and post that, now it's in the back of my mind. Bleh.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
08-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
Someone needs to get over themselves.

Pretty sure the title was supposed to be funny:
Pretty sure the comment was too!
08-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Pretty sure the comment was too!
My apologies then, I thought you were being serious.

*tips my hat in your general direction*
08-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Very fresh and challenging endless runner, loving the presentation and the gameplay is really the best part.
I agree with the stamina bar idea!
08-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure why anyone would want to "cheat" like that just to get the high score, maybe that's just me. The best part of the game is chopping heads and getting as many kills as possible. I can, however, see how this will create a problem.

Aside from that, I am truly addicted to the game. I have completed quite a few missions so far. I've been splitting my time between this, Trigger Fist, and Blox. This game really breaks the mold for the boring endless runner genre. You make a few bad combos and it kills your chances to go on. I really like the gameplay, but there are a few tweaks that would push it over the edge for me.

Can't wait to see the next iteration of this...

By the way, is this game live yet?
08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Yup... definitely one of the best. Thing is, i dont really see the defend-and-ignore-all strategy much of an exploit. I mean I havent tried how far i could get, but my score was always higher when killing. I think the scoring formula includes heads collected, multiplier and distance travelled.

Unless somebody really outscores everyone because of the ignore-all approach, then it should be broken. I dont see it yet though, as the scores still are too low when just defending while killing only shieldbearers.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryweiser View Post
I'm not sure why anyone would want to "cheat" like that just to get the high score, maybe that's just me. The best part of the game is chopping heads and getting as many kills as possible. I can, however, see how this will create a problem.

Aside from that, I am truly addicted to the game. I have completed quite a few missions so far. I've been splitting my time between this, Trigger Fist, and Blox. This game really breaks the mold for the boring endless runner genre. You make a few bad combos and it kills your chances to go on. I really like the gameplay, but there are a few tweaks that would push it over the edge for me.

Can't wait to see the next iteration of this...

By the way, is this game live yet?
Just checked... It's live on the PH appstore.

http://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/blood-run/id547906289?mt=8