Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-07-2012, 03:53 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Thanks for impressions! I'm really excited now!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:58 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I'm going to buy it anyway, but will the game be supported with content updates?
Old 08-07-2012, 04:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Thanks for impressions! I'm really excited now!
I've updated my last post with a little bit more impressions.

The game is awesome though to put it simply. It is a definite instabuy.

Last edited by Rip73; 08-07-2012 at 04:36 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
I'm going to buy it anyway, but will the game be supported with content updates?
If its successfull, and I have no doubt it will be succesfull, I think we can assume it will be.
That's not for definite now but its open to new added maps, weapons or characters.
But again the developer has that decision to make.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Damn time zones.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:39 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

So I assume this is a multiplayer only game, i.e. no campaign mode? Honestly I'm not terribly interested in a multiplayer only game.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
So I assume this is a multiplayer only game, i.e. no campaign mode? Honestly I'm not terribly interested in a multiplayer only game.
It is multiplayer only, no campaign in it. But all the multiplayer modes are playable offline against bots. And the bots are not stupid. They are very difficult to beat. Easily as much of a challenge as real people.
I don't think a campaign mode is necessary really as the main focus of the game is to be a very good mutiplayer. And that it is. Campaign mode would only distract from that.
The offline bots could be considered the campaign mode for those that don't always have wifi anyway.

Anyway, I'm heading back to playing, I need to build up my skill set before the rest of ye get there.
(edited impressions on previous page to give a bit more detail)

Last edited by Rip73; 08-07-2012 at 04:49 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
If its successfull, and I have no doubt it will be succesfull, I think we can assume it will be.
That's not for definite now but its open to new added maps, weapons or characters.
But again the developer has that decision to make.
I was asking that question because the communities of the games that aren't supported with updates always die, and not only in shooters. Before the skycages update of IB2 almost nobody was playing CM.

BTW, one stupid question: do you gain EXP while playing offline (with bots)?
Old 08-07-2012, 05:01 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

From Rip73's post I understand sprint isn't necessary but I'd still like it. Any plans to implement in the future? Just curious

EDIT: oh and add my GC guys banger1103. I'll be picking this up soon after I go and get a gift card.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
I was asking that question because the communities of the games that aren't supported with updates always die, and not only in shooters. Before the skycages update of IB2 almost nobody was playing CM.

BTW, one stupid question: do you gain EXP while playing offline (with bots)?
Yep, you gain xp in all modes for your character whether your online or offline.
Plus, you have three characters. So if you use each character in a match, they will each gain their own xp from that match. If you use only gunner character in a match, only the gunner will gain xp. Plus there is an overall global xp for your rank and certain unlocks.
Each characters weapon set is unlocked as you use them. So for example, if you use only the gunner for each game, you will unlock his weapons, but his weapons only. You have to use each character to unlock that particular characters higher primary weapons. The handgun is excluded from this. I think it works on the global xp. All characters use the same range of handguns. It's the primaries that are different for each class.

And you're very right about a lack of updates killing a game. I'd actually given up on IB2 until the sky cages update. Well and truly back at it now. I want a rainbow gem and the light saber dual.

Plus I noticed an article that questioned whether it was value for money and that the price might discourage an online community.
It is most certainly value for money. I've played for about three hours and it's only the tip of the iceberg. I couldn't estimate but there is a lot of unlocking left to do and you will get a lot of time in this game.
In relation to the need of an online community. Yes it is definitely necessary to a mutiplayer but it will not take away from the game if you're looking for opponents. The bots will fill matches and they are in no way predictable. You'll only know their bots by their user names. Their behaviour is one of the best things about the game.
I'm actually expecting the game to get easier once I start to play against real people.

That is not to say its too difficult either. It just means that's its a proper challenge.

Last edited by Rip73; 08-07-2012 at 05:12 PM..