Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I hope we get more maps down the road.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:35 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Still having a hard time playing a online game...I'm seeing all the options but it's always just me until the time runs out. Also don't quite understand how the friend matching works ...basically it sends you to gamecenter where it looks for your friends from GC? For 2 min? Why not look for a matchmaking game for 2 min instead of 3O seconds...with matchmaking I'm sent to the lobby and I always time out in 30 seconds by myself....does that sound right to you guys? Or am I suppose to be sent to GC for a matchmaking game?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeeffect View Post
We'll be happy to make a campaign for you as soon as we can afford good writers! Does anyone really want another uninspired and boring story? That's as good as no campaign, in my mind at least.

The 4 human player max is limited by Game Center. Everyone should write Apple an email about how Game Center's weaknesses are ruining our lives!
DeadLock Online which uses Game Center for the online mode has 8 human players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heringer View Post
Well, I must be missing something, because I'm not seeing what's so special about the game. It's not bad by any means, but in my opinion it's not as good as this topic would suggest.

PROS:

- Smart controls. Giving up Y axis is probably the direction to take with iOS shooters, and Trigger Fist devs got it first. Auto zooming works better than expected.

- Good AI offers decent challenge even offline.

- Sacred Goat is a cool mode.

- Perks and the usual positive reinforcement stuff that now are common place in shooters

CONS:

- Graphics are not good. At all. It's very very basic. Lightning is completely flat, poor textures, a general lack of visual details and effects (even basic details like bullet holes are nowhere to be found) and low poly count aside from players models (which looks fairly decent).

- Sound is worse. Weapons don't sound very good, lacking oomph. Also, for some reason other people's weapons make very little noise. Sometimes it feels like you are the only one shooting, very off putting. The volume of other players weapons is clearly off balance compared to yours. Not a lot of sound effects either.

- While the X axis only aiming is a good idea, it comes at a cost: battles can only take place in one plane. This limits the level design by a good deal.

- Not a lot of depth to the gunplay itself. There's very little room for skillfull play considering only a couple of shots can bring someone down. Because of that, it's more of a game of who founds who first, and people who know the maps and spawn patterns better will come out on top. Since it doesn't take long to learn that, the skill level field will even out pretty soon, raising the chance factor. And while team play could raise the relevance of skill because of tactics, since there's no way to communicate with other players, it's moot.- Price is steep compared to other offerings on the AppStore.

- Only 4 players online. I realize this is not the dev's fault, but that doesn't stop it from diminishing the game's value.

Overall, it's not too bad and there's some fun to be found. It's just not terribly compelling or exciting, with a few glaring faults. Some healthy updates could do the game wonders. 6/10

Just my honest opinion.
Although I haven't this game (yet?), I think it's a very good remark/analysis.
Do you agree with him?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yes actually I do. First thing I noticed is you die/kill too soon/fast. Whoever sees each other first is gonna win... But it doesn't bother me it's still fun.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil2 View Post
DeadLock Online which uses Game Center for the online mode has 8 human players.

Although I haven't this game (yet?), I think it's a very good remark/analysis.
Do you agree with him?
As far as I know, Deadlock Online only uses GC for achievements, leaderboards, user names and save/load profiles. It doesn't use GC for friends, while TF does.

More or less I agree with him, but there's room for skillfull play since the radar does play an important role in the game, and the guns do play a role too, but you need to rank up in order to say which gun suits you better. Same with the classes.
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
Yes actually I do. First thing I noticed is you die/kill too soon/fast. Whoever sees each other first is gonna win... But it doesn't bother me it's still fun.
To me that is very much a counter strike like thing, low hp but more about setting up positions but then I have yet to play this, will buy it for the weekend.

Lack of aiming up and down to me is a brilliant idea, it keeps things super simple yet you can still move around and aim rather quickly without the worry of aiming wrong, for a touchscreen device that is great.

Much as I like nova 3 mp it can be a bit overwealming at times, a game you really need pad support for.
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
Same here. I like it that its a more 'basic' deathmatch type game, the computer opponents are surprisingly good, every games different, lots of variety including a 'capture the flag' style game with the bots. Dont have to be online with my ipod so its great.

It might not appeal to hardcore Medal of Honor type multiplayer gamers but i still think the games well worth it

At some point would love a single player game using the graphic style/controls from these guys
Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm having a hard time finding online matches. Every once in a while someone will join free for all but if we all get a bunch of people added to our friends list, then we can have some pretty good matches..... get some regulars online.

ADD ME: FightingGI

I like this game, I find it a little more difficult than the average shooter on iOS which is a nice change. The AI is pretty tough. I would love to have just an online mode with friends or GC players, something the devs could look into.

Still overall a cool game.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:07 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

If Lake Effect is reading this, I HIGHLY suggest that they update the game to include giving the players more Health, and having the health displayed in the form of a "red mist" that appears on the screen when you get shot. At the moment, Health Regeneration is stupid because the moment an enemy sees you, you will die. Regeneration would be a great idea if you had more starting health, and I also think the health should be displayed in "red mist" on the screen if you get shot, kind of like the Modern Combat series for iOS. Other than that, this game is FANTASTIC, and I am looking forward to progressing and unlocking new guns.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeeffect View Post
We'll be happy to make a campaign for you as soon as we can afford good writers! Does anyone really want another uninspired and boring story? That's as good as no campaign, in my mind at least.

The 4 human player max is limited by Game Center. Everyone should write Apple an email about how Game Center's weaknesses are ruining our lives!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heringer View Post
Well, I must be missing something, because I'm not seeing what's so special about the game. It's not bad by any means, but in my opinion it's not as good as this topic would suggest.

PROS:

- Smart controls. Giving up Y axis is probably the direction to take with iOS shooters, and Trigger Fist devs got it first. Auto zooming works better than expected.

- Good AI offers decent challenge even offline.

- Sacred Goat is a cool mode.

- Perks and the usual positive reinforcement stuff that now are common place in shooters

CONS:

- Graphics are not good. At all. It's very very basic. Lightning is completely flat, poor textures, a general lack of visual details and effects (even basic details like bullet holes are nowhere to be found) and low poly count aside from players models (which looks fairly decent).

- Sound is worse. Weapons don't sound very good, lacking oomph. Also, for some reason other people's weapons make very little noise. Sometimes it feels like you are the only one shooting, very off putting. The volume of other players weapons is clearly off balance compared to yours. Not a lot of sound effects either.

- While the X axis only aiming is a good idea, it comes at a cost: battles can only take place in one plane. This limits the level design by a good deal.

- Not a lot of depth to the gunplay itself. There's very little room for skillfull play considering only a couple of shots can bring someone down. Because of that, it's more of a game of who founds who first, and people who know the maps and spawn patterns better will come out on top. Since it doesn't take long to learn that, the skill level field will even out pretty soon, raising the chance factor. And while team play could raise the relevance of skill because of tactics, since there's no way to communicate with other players, it's moot.

- Price is steep compared to other offerings on the AppStore.

- Only 4 players online. I realize this is not the dev's fault, but that doesn't stop it from diminishing the game's value.

Overall, it's not too bad and there's some fun to be found. It's just not terribly compelling or exciting, with a few glaring faults. Some healthy updates could do the game wonders. 6/10

Just my honest opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
As far as I know, Deadlock Online only uses GC for achievements, leaderboards, user names and save/load profiles. It doesn't use GC for friends, while TF does.More or less I agree with him, but there's room for skillfull play since the radar does play an important role in the game, and the guns do play a role too, but you need to rank up in order to say which gun suits you better. Same with the classes.
DeadLock uses GameCenter for friends too.