★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: !! Now FREE to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Ghostbusters !!

Only available for iPhone 4 & higher, iPod Touch 4th generation & higher as well as iPad 2 & iPad Mini & higher.

** NAMED BEST AUGMENTED REALITY APP 2012 BY 'BEST APP EVER' INDUSTRY JURY **

Ghostbusters Paranormal Blast is the best Augmented Reality game to ever hit the app store. Battle ghosts in your neighborhood as you rid your own city of paranormal foes!

* REAL-WORLD GHOST BUSTING: Blast and then steer ghosts into a virtual ghost trap for containment and collection in a strikingly immersive augmented reality battle. Just like a real Rookie!

* LOCATION-BASED GHOST HUNTING: Take charge and help rid the world of evil spirits in your city!

*STUNNING 3D RETINA DISPLAY GRAPHICS: Face well-known foes in high-res 3D, including Slimer and the Spectral Librarian, plus 14 new and unique ghosts to hunt and collect.

* FUN FILLED ACTION ARCADE, GAME CENTRE INTEGRATION: Answer the calls and bust your way through 20+ missions to achieve ultimate godly status! Your city will reward you with petty cash for every ghost busted to upgrade your Proton Pack, Neutrona Wand, Flight Suit, and Ghost Trap.

Ghostbusters Paranormal Blast is the first augmented reality Ghostbusters game, letting you become a Ghostbuster in your own city! What are you waiting for? Turn your mobile device into your most powerful weapon against paranormal menaces and kick some ectoplasmic butt!

Who you gonna call??

Check out our other amazing games!! Dragonwood Academy, Cows vs. Aliens, Drag Racer World, and Fashion Star Designer!

Visit Us! xmg.com
Like Us! facebook.com/xmgstudio
Follow Us! @xmgstudio
Watch Us! youtube.com/xmgstudio

Electrolite82's comments:
Ghostbusters has been released and I must say I'm rather enjoying it!!:-).....but I'm a massive fan!!:-)

08-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Couldn't resist to try it out knowing that this was probably a lousy game but hoping it would be fun aaaaaaaaand...

Hate to say it but this game is CRAP!
I want a real ghostbusters game and not this augmented reality sh*t!

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................

08-08-2012, 02:32 AM
Like every Year we are getting at least one Movie License Game that is so wrong that I`m even asking myself why someone took the time and Manpower to pick up the Concept that was probably found in some Garbage and thought that it would fit the Franchise. This is so much Crap that I don`t even know where to start...

Instead of paying some respect to an huge Franchise Ghostbusters Paranormal Blast is a perfect Example of what shouldn`t be ever created out of it. The XMG Studio Inc. should be ashamed of what they had done to the Ghostbusters Franchise.
08-08-2012, 02:39 AM
^Hear hear.

These big film companies must have loads of money, but when it comes to film tie-in's they seem to go for the cheapest company out there who come out with a pile of crap. To be fair i havent played this yet but just seeing those screenshots it looks terrible.

Avoiding this like the plague
08-08-2012, 02:27 PM
The gameplay is cute and fun, but I suspect it will grow old more quickly than most.

Last edited by islesfan; 08-08-2012 at 03:54 PM.
08-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Ladies and germs, behold...a sale!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-08-2012, 06:02 PM
As a Ghostbuster's fan I bought this game it's pretty fun, I've got to say at least I'm enjoying it!
08-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Can anyone confirm if this has Game Center achievements?

Game Center: PlexShaw
iPhone 5s 32GB (Space Grey) / iPad Air Wi-Fi 64GB (Space Grey)
08-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Is the game any fun?
08-09-2012, 06:28 PM
I won a gamecode for this, and I think one of you might get more enjoyment out of it than me, so here ya go:

TM9FXWEFMTM6