★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Solitaire Ultra - a very smooth, polished, and free Solitaire

08-08-2012, 04:23 AM
Solitaire Ultra - a very smooth, polished, and free Solitaire

DISCLAIMER: I wrote this! But I genuinely think it's pretty damn good... IMHO better than all the other Solitaires I've seen:

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/solitaire-ultra/id540452765?mt=8

I know Solitaire isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for any casual gamers out there - parents and girlfriends seem to be the target here - I'd really appreciate some feedback. If you like it, a 5-star review on the app store would be nice, and if you hate it then a 1-star review here in this thread will also be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Reuben
08-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Hello Reuben,

I tried your game. It's really nice. Well done!
One thing that I would like to have as an option is to play somehow faster. The animation of the cards should be faster so that you can have a faster game. Especiallay when you can't win a game and you play over and over again, that option would be nice so that the user will not get tired.

I like solitaires in normal mode - vertical but it's ok with that too. You have bigger cards and it keeps the space at the bottom without a problem.

Overall it's a great game. I will keep it.
I rated it with 4/5 stars.

Edit: Oh and it has a nice ending when you complete a game!

Last edited by nkarafo; 08-08-2012 at 06:13 AM.

08-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Hey nkarafo, thanks for checking it out!

We can easily tweak the animation durations... they were based on what my colleague and I thought felt right. If we make them 25% quicker, say, would that be enough for the magical 5th star from you?

Thanks again!
08-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Hey nkarafo, thanks for checking it out!

We can easily tweak the animation durations... they were based on what my colleague and I thought felt right. If we make them 25% quicker, say, would that be enough for the magical 5th star from you?

Thanks again!
Yes, of course!!
But why so silence? Where is everyone? No one appreciates a good solitaire game?? If I can speak for myself I am 32 years old and I'm playing both hardcore & casual games. I like e.g. solitaire games and Modern Combat games.
08-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Despite all the 100s of other games on my iPad and iPhone, I still find myself playing solitaire very often.
And I'm still looking for what I would class as the definitive solitaire app.
I'll try yours out at some point, but I would just say, any solitaire game that I'm going to keep on my iPad or iPhone has to have Freecell as well as Klondike.

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
08-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Oddly enough Freecell's going to be the next game we do, and it'll be at least as slick as this one. Freecell was always my favourite solo card game, and we have some good ideas to make it more fun.

Re. Solitaire's lack of popularity... it's not entirely unexpected here on TouchArcade, but in the wider population I think it's still a massively popular game. I certainly see people - generally adults rather than children - playing it on public transport all the time.

Last edited by Reuben; 08-08-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Fixed a word
08-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Oddly enough Freecell's going to be the next game we do, and it'll be at least as slick as this one.
Yeaaaa!!!! I'm first in line! Maybe try-peaks after that? =)

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
08-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I haven't heard of tri-peaks Solitaire, but I will add it to our long-term work list.
08-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
I haven't heard of tri-peaks Solitaire, but I will add it to our long-term work list.
Yes, they are getting more popular nowadays. I have one game that I like that is called "Faerie Solitaire" and I prefer it more than "Fairway Solitaire" which has got more downloads.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/faerie-solitaire-hd-full/id442227406

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fairway-solitaire-by-big-fish/id428393447
08-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I love the game. Definately my favorite for solitaire. I agree if the animations were a bit quicker it would be perfect. Great job!