Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-08-2012, 06:33 PM

Waiting for this game...for my iPhone! Hurry up already!!! lulz
Old 08-08-2012, 06:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This is pretty fun while it stays simple. Unfortunately, the more "complications" it threw at me the less fun I found myself having. This is, essentially, a very simple game. It needs just two things: believable physics, and an enjoyable control mechanic. It clearly delivers on both counts, and while staying simple provides just the sort of experience that you can easily approach with the aim of playing for five minutes and find yourself spending a half hour.

Then, it decides to throws half a pinball table and changing gravity in your path, and you no longer feel like you are playing the same game, but instead some kind of barely related physics puzzler where the immediacy of gameplay has been replaced by countless, dull trial and error attempts.

Perhaps others will enjoy this aspect more. I went from feeling fairly certain to unlock the "buy all" option after 15 minutes of play, to feeling like I had no desire to return to the game at all after a half hour. As I said elsewhere just recently, people often seem to forget that less is sometimes more.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
This is pretty fun while it stays simple. Unfortunately, the more "complications" it threw at me the less fun I found myself having.
Don't walk away from the game just based on the single player levels, the turn-based multiplayer is by far my favorite part of the game. The single player levels are really just training so you can create your own cool shots and challenge your friends with them.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:14 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I beta tested this and I absolutely love it. The turn-based multiplayer is perfect (and now it'll be even better since I won't have to swap between sandbox/regular Game Center accounts constantly).
Old 08-08-2012, 09:03 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fucrate View Post
Don't walk away from the game just based on the single player levels, the turn-based multiplayer is by far my favorite part of the game. The single player levels are really just training so you can create your own cool shots and challenge your friends with them.
I did try the multi. It kind of left me scratching my head. I expected something like the two player on same device mode, (which is good fun) instead I was left to mess around on my own creating a level. Yes, I understand another player will then have to attempt to clear it, but how is that "multiplayer?" Perhaps I just don't get it, or the game just isn't for me. It's very good technically, does IAP as-it-should-be-done, (I really hope this and Outwitters is the start of a healthy trend) I honestly really want to like it, but there is just a particular element missing for me here, and I'm not sure how to explain it. It's like me and the game speak a different language. In any case, the game's free to try so everybody can just make up their own minds.

Last edited by Gabrien; 08-08-2012 at 09:09 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 PM

Well, there's the HORSE multiplayer which is Words with Friends style over Game Center, but there's also the 1 on 1 which is same iPad, they're both a lot of fun, though the HORSE takes a couple turns to get really going.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:22 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

You know what, screw it, if I want this to become a "healthy trend" I better support it. Just unlocked the full IAP. Who knows, perhaps the game'll grow on me.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:30 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Any idea why I am getting notifications for this on my iPhone and how to turn them off? Obviously the game isn't even installed on my iPhone, but even on the iPad I don't see it listed under the Notifications menu at all. Alerts for Gamecenter are set to "off" everywhere, so why am I still receiving them?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I saw this on the front page, and came here to say that I would love this ported to iphone. The game looks amazing.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Any idea why I am getting notifications for this on my iPhone and how to turn them off? Obviously the game isn't even installed on my iPhone, but even on the iPad I don't see it listed under the Notifications menu at all. Alerts for Gamecenter are set to "off" everywhere, so why am I still receiving them?
Yeah, I'm getting that too, which is weird, it never done that in testing... Ill see what we can do.