Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-09-2012, 12:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fucrate View Post
Yeah, I'm getting that too, which is weird, it never done that in testing... Ill see what we can do.
Under normal circumstances, should I be able to see the game listed under the "Notifications" menu on my iPad?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Under normal circumstances, should I be able to see the game listed under the "Notifications" menu on my iPad?
Well, its Game Center sending the notifications, not Gasketball itself, so maybe you have to quiet GC notifications on your phone? Not ideal...
Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Well, its Game Center sending the notifications, not Gasketball itself, so maybe you have to quiet GC notifications on your phone? Not ideal...
The thing is, I tried that just to see what would happen (turned the top option to "off" for the gamecenter app itself) and was STILL getting alerts somehow. Very strange. I really hope this can get sorted soon, as I can't have alerts on my phone at random times, so I will have to delete the game after all. And strangely, it WAS beginning to grow on me actually.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I just checked my other apps, and all of them have the "Alerts" option set to "off." It would make sense that I must do the same for the Gasketball app, except I can't because for some reason it doesn't appear under the "Notifications" tab on my iPad. I'd bet that's where the issue lies. It must set to send "banner" notifications by default, and because I cannot access the option I am not able to set it to "none." Could you look into why the app does not appear under "Notifications?"
Old 08-09-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I just checked my other apps, and all of them have the "Alerts" option set to "off." It would make sense that I must do the same for the Gasketball app, except I can't because for some reason it doesn't appear under the "Notifications" tab on my iPad. I'd bet that's where the issue lies. It must set to send "banner" notifications by default, and because I cannot access the option I am not able to set it to "none." Could you look into why the app does not appear under "Notifications?"
We're gonna stay on top of this and try to have it figured out quickly, I'm still not sure what we missed, but it could be something simple and we should be able to clear it up within a few days.

In the meantime, it does seem to work for me to just set Game Center notifications to "None" and turning sounds to off, just switching "Notification Center" to OFF doesn't seem to do much...
Old 08-09-2012, 12:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
We're gonna stay on top of this and try to have it figured out quickly, I'm still not sure what we missed, but it could be something simple and we should be able to clear it up within a few days.

In the meantime, it does seem to work for me to just set Game Center notifications to "None" and turning sounds to off, just switching "Notification Center" to OFF doesn't seem to do much...
Yes, figured that out just now, "Notification Center" just controls whether alerts appear in the pull-down menu.

I still think the issue must be with Gasketball itself not appearing under "Notifications." I mean, if it did, we could simply set alerts to "None" there instead of in the GC app itself, you know?

I think I'll probably just delete/reinstall the game and leave the multiplayer alone until a fix. Thanks for looking into it.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

is this game coming to iphone?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:39 AM

Can I get rid of that robot always being on the screen?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 PM

I can't believe no one else has mentioned the controls. Am I the only one that finds the controls incredibly frustrating? I've really been looking forward to this one, but the difference between a tiny flick and sending the ball flying across the screen is much too subtle. A game like this has simply got to nail the controls, and they haven't done that, in my opinion. Believe me when I say I *want* to like this, but I'll hold off for now.

Sounds, visuals, everything else is great.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
iPhone 4

Is this game coming for iPhone?