Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 AM

Default Bubble Witch Saga

Old 08-08-2012, 09:41 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

This is a continuation of an existing Facebook game (linked above)

Not that this is necessarily a bad thing just letting people know what to expect. IE a limited amount of energy (lives) that recharges , Facebook friend notifications (ie friend x sends you y coins/lives) and possible frequent iAP recommendations.

I was introduced to this game via my work colleagues that play. There are frequently long periods of down time at work so a game like this on Facebook helps to fill in the time as well as providing a bit of friendly rivalry.

The game itself on facebook is a good game , very challenging and addicting. It has a sliding difficulty rate that gets more challenging the higher you go up in levels. It's thus far had 2 places where you had to send friend requests out to 3 people who needed to send something back to unlock further progress. While it has frequent iAP recommendations come up it it isn't strictly necessary to progress. IMHO it's a skill wall that stops you from progressing not a pay wall (in saying that I'm not particularly skilled at the game)

Gameplay wise : you have a limited amount of bubbles that you throw to match up the ones above (see screenshot 6/10). As the supporting bubbles are cleared away you can have times where the rest (the ones hanging off them) just drop off to fall down and bounce on the spiders below before they fall into the jars below.Once you clear away to the last line there's a set number of bubbles you clear off the last line before it drops all remaining bubbles into the jars below. There's a minimum score per level before you can go to the next level.

The iOS version of the game plays almost exactly the same. There is Facebook integration for this game so whatever progress you make on the Facebook version is reflected in the iOS version. That is a very nice feature.

The only downside I can see with the iOS version is sometimes the controls are a little iffy (at least on my iPod touch). You slider your finger to position the bubble thrower thingy. You then tap to throw a bubble. You can tap on your witch's cauldron to switch bubbles. But sometimes when your positioning your aim for where you want to throw one you can accidentally throw a bubble.Same happens when switching a bubble - it will sometimes throw out a bubble

The other downside is the Facebook Intergration does need a working internet connection at some point of playing. I have yet to test this game with no working internet connection to see how many times it requests data but .... forewarned is forearmed
Old 08-08-2012, 09:49 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

Is for the IAP i only have had that come up on the facebook version.

I have yet to play long enough on the iOS version to have it popup. Usually only does it when your having difficulty with a level IE it sees you fail a level 2-3 times in a row and suggests some thing you can buy with facebook coins. Facebook coins you buy for real cash.

I don't know if you can transfer over FB coins to the iOS version as yet. I also don't know how reasonable the prices are but. In 3 months of playing the Facebook version I have yet to pay for iAP so I don't expect it to be strictly necessary on the iOS version.

I forgot to mention the iOS version can process friend requests you get in game - it just opens up a little window in game for each request so can take a while. But it doesn't open the FB app itself to process the requests (a bonus).