★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-17-2013, 12:27 AM
Has the game been less grindy?

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
07-17-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I think he meant he's the only one who doesnt like Pitfall.

Anyways, im a little disappointed that even with the retina update, it still doesnt say anything about an iphone5-specific enhancement. Can anyone with an i5 check?

I dont have an i5 yet, but im leaning towards getting one soon, and i want my favorite casual games to be well-compatible with the i5, Pitfall included.
Curious to know, i just re-dl the game and it plays beautifully with i5 support. Imho, still one of the best runner in the wide app store.

But they have the stupid pause button still in the left down corner. Guess nobody at activision ever played the game by themselves, pity.

Edit: oops didn't check the option for left/right hander.
Can't remember having this option earlier. Nevermind.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 07-17-2013 at 04:04 AM.

07-17-2013, 04:48 AM
You know, after initially liking this, despising it and deleting it, I just re-downloaded it to my iPad a few hours ago. It's funny because I remember hating the IAP model and everything. That said, ever since this came out, the whole runner genre evolved, becoming more like "this" model (including the new Temple Run games). They're all equally gross...which just made me realize how good this is. Yes, it's still a gross free-to-play model, but the game is infinitely better than anything out there. Hell, I think it even surpasses Temple Run now. TR has gotten beyond stale, IMO, but at least Oz stays fresh with new areas and whatnot. I'd say this and TR: Oz are the best behind-the-back runners out there.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-17-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I'd say this and TR: Oz are the best behind-the-back runners out there.
^This
07-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Yup... No doubt about that. Well, a little. I hope Oz gets more updates too. TR2 is updated consistently, and Oz isnt.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Curious to know, i just re-dl the game and it plays beautifully with i5 support. Imho, still one of the best runner in the wide app store.

But they have the stupid pause button still in the left down corner. Guess nobody at activision ever played the game by themselves, pity.

Edit: oops didn't check the option for left/right hander.
Can't remember having this option earlier. Nevermind.
Ohohoho! Looks like i5 users can rejoice.

Thanks!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword