Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 PM

Default Pumped: BMX - (by Yeah Us!)[Universal]

Last edited by Sanuku; 08-09-2012 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Being a bmx'er I picked this up last night and I was going to come and post straight away after playing for only half an hour but I'm glad I waited.
Because at first it's really pretty hard you have to keep the rhythm between ramps/jumps to make it through sets, but after 15minutes it all comes together once you get the hang of things.
The tricks are all easy enough to perform with either a flick on the stick or holding a direction to hold the trick, at first I wasn't sure about the tilting but like I say after 15mins it feels fine, you only have to tilt slightly left or right before jumping to either go high and short or low and long (hmm makes sense when your playing)
You can tell its been made by a guy who loves bmx as not only are the graphics very nice but the trick animations look very smooth too and it's the kind of hard difficulty that got the sense of achievement to it when you nail a perfect run.

Well I'm probably a bit biased as I've rode bmx my whole life but if you like bmx or bike games then this is well worth picking up.

Well the only thing I can think of to improve this would be.
: if we could customize the guy and bike, either with just colours or some outfits helmets etc.
:when you crash and vanish into a puff of smoke it would be pretty cool to see your guy collapse and fall ragdoll style.
But that's just me the games brilliant how it is.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 08-09-2012 at 04:53 AM..
Old 08-09-2012, 05:13 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 8.x

Thanks oooooooomonkey(sorry didnt count the number of o's). I thought this looked good, but was still unsure, now..... sold!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:16 AM

Wow I suck so bad at this. I can't get past the second part of the tutorial! Doesn't bode well for the rest of the game, if I ever make it there.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Hey guys, developer here!

First off, @GPS - it is a bit tricky to start with, but stick with it! Try and keep your movements gentle and basically try and keep everything as smooth as possible. Hopefully you'll get the hang of it, and if not bug me for tips!

@oooooomonkey - I'd love to do more customisations and stuff, but because of the way the rider is animated it would make the app a ridiculously large download! Maybe next time I'll do something a bit more sophisticated to allow for it. And the ragdoll stuff - again because of the huge number of positions the rider can be in when crashing the ragdoll always ended up looking forced, so I kept it simple.

Please remember this is my first ever app, I learnt to program whilst making this game, so there's probably a lot of stuff I could have done better. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the thread and answer any questions as they come up.

Cheers everyone!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Excellent game. Great controls and thoughtful overall design, smooth frame rate and animation, and the feel is just absolutely spot on.

A couple of minor issues:

-On the iPhone, the selectable area around menu options, pause, in-game restart and info buttons, etc. should be enlarged as currently taps don't appear to register on occasion. (On the iPad it's fine.)

-Position of control buttons isn't adjustable on the iPad. Tilting while attempting to carry out tricks with on-screen buttons is cumbersome due to the iPad's size.

Overall, this is a game that truly doesn't deserve to be ignored. It gets the essentials absolutely right, and rounds off the package with technical aplomb. The screenshots belie the game's depth. Highly recommended.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:14 PM

I can so far only second what Gabrien said. The Game is a Gem and definitely should get more attention.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I can so far only second what Gabrien said. The Game is a Gem and definitely should get more attention.
Definitely! I have the controls sussed now and it is fantastic. Really polished game, lovin it!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:36 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Muscat

I'll third what Gabrien said. The game is brutal but when you get the flow right it is fantastic.

Would just love some tracks with some far more forgiving jumps so that you could really stretch the trick system. I'm at the Desert now and you have to nail EVERY jump perfectly to have a shot at getting through the track.

Well done, dev!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Only tilt on this? No other options as I hate tilting an iPad?