★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iBzoing game just released

06-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
iBzoing game just released + promo

I've just released my first iPhone/iPod game called iBzoing :

I'm planning a free version but it will have to wait for appstore approval, meanwhile if anyone wants to try it email me and I'll reply with a free promotional code. There's also a video of it on the link above.

I'd appreciate comments, suggestions and feedback in general.

Last edited by jorge; 06-03-2009 at 09:51 AM.
06-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Email sent. This game looks really fun and original.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

06-03-2009, 07:25 AM
add more levels,there are only 20

will the promotion code work in Europe?
06-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by lyliade View Post
add more levels,there are only 20

will the promotion code work in Europe?
Nope promo codes only work for US-itunes accounts.

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
06-03-2009, 07:37 AM
thanks for the suggestion lyliade

It is my intention to create more levels and even allow users to create and upload their own as they are simple xml files.

This is all a learning process for me, future developments will depend on the feedback I get.

I've sent free promo codes to everybody that requested, thanks for the interest, I'll keep sending them until I run out.

I didn't realise the promo codes would only work in the US, sorry about that, if anyone that received one wasn't able to use it would be good if you'd pass it on to someone that can or let me know so I can re-use it.

I'm planning a free version, will try to submit it today or tomorrow, so everybody will be able to try it once it gets accepted.

Last edited by jorge; 06-03-2009 at 07:44 AM.
06-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Snap, I love physics-based games. This looks like it has a lot of potential, and I'm sure people will user-created levels later on.

I've sent an email as well.
06-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks Jorge.

Alright, I spent about 30 minutes so far, playing this game. I'm on level 18, and I had to stop because my mind was getting irritated from failing to reach the target for about 25 times now.
But the game is fun. I liked level 8, 9, and 10 for the combo shots.

Basically, the overview for everyone reading is that you have a ball constantly pulled down by gravity, and you tilt the device left or right to make it roll to the launcher. The ball has a certain colour designated to it each time, and it will only go into the launcher hole of the colour. It will then turn into the colour of the launch pole being shot from. There are also levels with walls of different colour, and the ball will go through the wall if it's not the same colour as the wall. (Red ball can go through yellow wall, etc)
Using the launchers and different ball colours, you have to get the ball into the star-like hole with the same colour ball given. That's the hard part, and will definitely frustrate you plenty as you try to tilt the ball into the right launchers.

Graphics are ok, I don't think it's really necessary to upgrade to crazy 3D style graphics for this kind of game. Simple and easy to see.
The physics might be a little shaky, but I guess that's what makes the game hard.

Overall, I'd give this game somewhere around 3.5/5 stars. I see potential in it too. Good work and good luck, Jorge.
06-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks for your detailed review GaiaIllusion, it seems very fair to me and it helps me decide on how to improve the game.

I think top of my list of priorities is to create an online level editor for anyone to create new levels which would be available immediately, no need to wait for the long appstore review process.

The graphics were created with OpenGL which on the iPhone doesn't have antialiasing. I think the best way to get very good graphics on the iPhone is to use sprites, I might experiment to see how it would look/perform. The game was left very simple on purpose, actually it had more complicated moving platforms and gizmos that I didn't include, at least for now. IMO gameplay is by far the most important aspect of a game although I do realise the importance of good looking graphics.

Thanks also to everybody that requested promo codes.
06-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Quite interesting and charming physics game

Well, the objective of the game is pretty simple and straight forward. Get the colored ball into the star of the same color...
But achiving this goal is far more complicated and fun than it sounds!
There are different objects which interact with the ball.
* Accelerators, which push the ball in a certain direction (always upwards)
* Walls, which let balls of the same color bounce and of a different color go through
* Color-Changer Rings, which change the color of the ball to what-color the changer has
And of course gravity.
So when you tilt your iDevice it will influence the movement/flightpath of the ball. I found myself in the restaurant today, tilting and staring at my iDevice playing iBzoing.

The game itself is pretty fast, in the terms of less menu, fast loading of levels, etc.
Once you hit the forward button, you find yourself right into the first level, without much of an intro. Just tilting the iDevice moves the ball and once it touches the first accelerator it flies of the screen towards the goal...

That's also my first critic on it. It needs some kind of written instructions, like a tuturial once it is started the first time.
My second point is the forward button (contiue where you left) and the fast reverse button (start from beginning). Once you hit that one you have to play through all those levels you already mastered. I hit that one only to check what it was and had to learn the hard way, that the forward button is then not available any more. A fast forward button or a level selection is needed here.

Overal: One of the better physics games I own now. Good for pick-up-and-play sessions.
3.5 of 5 stars, 4 if a level selection is included.
An online leader board (times) and the possibility to create levels online with an editor would make this little gem to a diamond

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
06-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Email sent!

The looks and sounds great(from what I've seen/heard!)

Keep up the great work!

- danrel